Cheers for the replies Brian will keep an eye out for the updates
walden

Car: TC5R Exotek Chassis
Motor: 13.5/17.5
Speedo: Orca VC4 Pro
Cells: LIPO

Re: Winter Championship

Postby johnnyp » Thu Sep 10, 2009 10:26 am

will you be allowing mardaves in with the minis again? with large grids of these little cars i had a couple of great races last year and im hoping to do it again this year
john
johnnyp

Postby Brian Mills » Thu Sep 10, 2009 1:42 pm

Hi John,
I hope we will have some Mardaves again although the committee will be dicussing this next Tuesday. I can't see a reason why they shouldn't run in with the mini's again - they seemed pretty much equal on speed.
Brian Mills

Postby crazybrit123 » Sat Sep 12, 2009 10:09 am

Hi All,
Just thought I would say my 6 pennyworth. Over the last few years you have run the championship 8 from 10 rounds. Most Clubs run 8 from 12. Therefore 7 from 10 would seem to be the way to go. This should/might help racers who might not be able to make all the rounds and also keep them racing till the last round.
The other thing is about the the Heat listings. Last year this seemed to be a problem right through the championship. I think you should go on the final result from the last years champ for the first 3 rounds and from then go on the actual average points which the results show on the right. This should stop all the issues with "I should be in this or that heat". If drivers turn up from other clubs and have NEVER raced at West Kent, then they need to prove that they can drive. OK they might be known as a good driver but you need to reach a happy medium not the bottom heat but not straight into the top heat. After all if they are good then they will get into the A final anyway, if you see what I mean. Just trying to keep everyone happy.
Cheers Andy.
crazybrit123

Postby Tim Fry » Sat Sep 12, 2009 10:30 pm

andypandy wrote:Hi All,
Just thought I would say my 6 pennyworth. Over the last few years you have run the championship 8 from 10 rounds. Most Clubs run 8 from 12. Therefore 7 from 10 would seem to be the way to go. This should/might help racers who might not be able to make all the rounds and also keep them racing till the last round.
The other thing is about the the Heat listings. Last year this seemed to be a problem right through the championship. I think you should go on the final result from the last years champ for the first 3 rounds and from then go on the actual average points which the results show on the right. This should stop all the issues with "I should be in this or that heat". If drivers turn up from other clubs and have NEVER raced at West Kent, then they need to prove that they can drive. OK they might be known as a good driver but you need to reach a happy medium not the bottom heat but not straight into the top heat. After all if they are good then they will get into the A final anyway, if you see what I mean. Just trying to keep everyone happy.
Cheers Andy.

Andy

We used to do 7 from 10 but we decided to changed it to try to encourage people to complete more rounds.
Tim has gone to ............... the Darkside!!!
Tim Fry

Car: You'll have to wait and see
Motor: Vantage 10.5
Speedo: Novak GTB
Cells: Lipo

Postby Brian Mills » Wed Sep 16, 2009 3:32 pm

Following the Committee meeting yesterday here are a few of the important points about the winter series on carpet.

Classes raced will be :-

Stock - 13.5/27t
Super Stock - 10.5/19t
(Tyres as per last year i.e. any Sorex is acceptable)

Mini's to include the M05 Chassis - £50 max RRP on speedo

WGT's - max 10.5/19t, 1s only or 4 cell, World GT spec tyres, GT bodyshells only - no LMP shells
The WGT's will only run if there are enough prebooked and prepaid to make at least one heat viable. If there are insufficient then they will be withdrawn.

The plan at the moment is to run:-
3 heats of Stock
1 heat of Super Stock
1 heat of Mini's
1 heat of WGT

Advance booking will open later although places can only be reserved by booking and paying in advance. For those who pay in advance for the complete series a discount will be offered. For those who would like to book but would rather not pay a lump sum they will be able topay one meeting in advance to secure their place. When you pre-book you will pay for one meeting. When you attend that meeting you will pay for the following one so you are always pre booked for the up coming meeting. The refund policy will operate as per last year. More details will appear nearer the time.

Thanks
Brian
Brian Mills

Postby walden » Wed Sep 16, 2009 9:12 pm

Excellent news Brian, just a small question "when is booking likely to commence"?

Looking forward to another great tournament

Cheers Paul
walden

Car: TC5R Exotek Chassis
Motor: 13.5/17.5
Speedo: Orca VC4 Pro
Cells: LIPO

Postby justaddmud » Thu Sep 17, 2009 1:13 pm

Brian Mills wrote:Following the Committee meeting yesterday here are a few of the important points about the winter series on carpet.

Classes raced will be :-

Stock - 13.5/27t
Super Stock - 10.5/19t
(Tyres as per last year i.e. any Sorex is acceptable)

Mini's to include the M05 Chassis - £50 max RRP on speedo

WGT's - max 10.5/19t, 1s only or 4 cell, World GT spec tyres, GT bodyshells only - no LMP shells
The WGT's will only run if there are enough prebooked and prepaid to make at least one heat viable. If there are insufficient then they will be withdrawn.

The plan at the moment is to run:-
3 heats of Stock
1 heat of Super Stock
1 heat of Mini's
1 heat of WGT

Advance booking will open later although places can only be reserved by booking and paying in advance. For those who pay in advance for the complete series a discount will be offered. For those who would like to book but would rather not pay a lump sum they will be able topay one meeting in advance to secure their place. When you pre-book you will pay for one meeting. When you attend that meeting you will pay for the following one so you are always pre booked for the up coming meeting. The refund policy will operate as per last year. More details will appear nearer the time.

Thanks
Brian

no mention on mardaves there? will they be making a return, or will i have to use my m05 pro, also do the same rules apply for tyres ect

just working out if i can do the winter series or not

Ian
justaddmud

Car: Mardave v12 x2 tamiya mini x3
Motor: Silver can, black can 27t stok
Speedo: you name it, i probably haveit
Cells: 7.4 lipo's - 1400 nicad

Postby Brian Mills » Thu Sep 17, 2009 2:14 pm

Paul, sorry but at the moment I can't be sure.

Ian, no - the committee decision was for no Mardaves.
Brian Mills

Postby justaddmud » Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:18 pm

Brian Mills wrote:
Ian, no - the committee decision was for no Mardaves.

shame, but understandable, they quite a bit quicker than the minis

what will be the rule on tyres ?
justaddmud

Car: Mardave v12 x2 tamiya mini x3
Motor: Silver can, black can 27t stok
Speedo: you name it, i probably haveit
Cells: 7.4 lipo's - 1400 nicad

PreviousNext

Return to Public Chat