Round 7

General chat

Round 7

Postby Tim Fry » Sun Feb 28, 2010 4:28 pm

Well I thought it was a good meeting today. It's amazing how much better the carpet behaves with a few more degrees in the hall.
Tim has gone to ............... the Darkside!!!
Tim Fry

Car: You'll have to wait and see
Motor: Vantage 10.5
Speedo: Novak GTB
Cells: Lipo

Re: Round 7

Postby Dan Hamblin » Sun Feb 28, 2010 5:45 pm

A very fast track today, which found the gearing on my touring car wanting. However, one tooth higher on the pinion produced a dramtic improvement in the final :)

Regards,

Dan
If at first you don't succeed - destroy all evidence that you tried! :D
Dan Hamblin

Car: Tamiya M03
Motor: Ansmann 23t
Speedo: Tamiya black thing
Cells: LiPo 3200mAh

Postby Bosscat » Mon Mar 01, 2010 12:52 pm

Yep an excellent meeting, great track as usual the only problem I could see was poor Ian trying his hardest to get marshalls out, dont see the problem really we all know we have to do it so why is it such an issue?
I think we should have a rule that if your marshall point isnt covered you get a penalty. the responsibility for covering is yours so its up to you to find a substitute but when that substitute is notified to race control then the responsibility passes to them to ensure they are on point at the right time and you dont get a penalty if your mate doesn't do what was arranged. Where we have more entrants in a heat than we have marshall points the ones without a nominated point should still expect to marshall but in a different heat and should be paired with someone who by reason of a problem can't marshall i.e temporary cant move quickly through injury (bad back) or somesuch. Might be a bit of issue for the first couple of times but once people realise its going to hurt if they dont marshall we should get things through quicker so more chance of more racing i.e. extra heats or two legged finals on a regular basis.
Bosscat

Car: Zen Racing
Motor: Thunder 10.5
Speedo: Hobbywing
Cells: 1s Lipo

Postby Brian Mills » Mon Mar 01, 2010 7:40 pm

Yes I'd agree with Keith about marshalling.
Quote from the rules currently on the web-site:-

Marshals must wear the yellow tabards provided so that we can see at a glance that they are in position. You must be in position before the start tones to avoid being penalised. Late marshalling on the first occasion will result in loss of FTD. Second occurrence will result in loss of the days points. If you fail to marshal then we will adopt BRCA policy and assume that you have withdrawn from the event, and we will remove your name from the drivers list. If you break your car you are still expected to carry out your marshalling duties in subsequent races.

Don't say that you weren't warned!
Brian Mills

Postby James Brooker » Mon Mar 01, 2010 8:01 pm

Must admit i was guilty of being late out for marshaling this weekend, and was even lucky enough to get help from both Jez and Dan, due to being forgetful through running in two different classes. Thanks and sorry guys.

Not sure if this was something we use to do, or whether it was at another race that i went too, but how about the marshals are not allowed to leave there post until relieved by the next one. Certainly worked then.
Work to live.....Don't live to work!

xbox gamer tag Bubbly Tubs
PS3 network id Bubbly_Tubs
James Brooker

Car: I've only gone an got a Mini!
Motor: .
Speedo: .
Cells: .

Postby Richard Hathaway » Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:00 pm

The idea of a marshall not leaving their marshalling point until relieved was tried but with no success. All that happened is that the Race Director saw that a person was on the marshalling point, didn't check if it was the right person and started the race. This meant that the unfortunate person marshalling did two marshalling stints and the person meant to be marshalling got away with it - unfortunately, penalties may be the only answer . But, what happens if someone can't marshall because they are racing in successive heats? Race Control will have to be on the ball.
Richard Hathaway

Postby James Brooker » Tue Mar 02, 2010 11:47 am

Points are up guys.
Work to live.....Don't live to work!

xbox gamer tag Bubbly Tubs
PS3 network id Bubbly_Tubs
James Brooker

Car: I've only gone an got a Mini!
Motor: .
Speedo: .
Cells: .