Carpet Series - Winter 2008/09

General chat

Carpet Series - Winter 2008/09

Postby Shawn Herrington » Thu Jun 19, 2008 8:24 pm

I have been doing a little grovelling and need some feedback on a deal I have come up with please.

What are the feelings in the club of running a control tyre supplier for this years championship?

Schumacher have agreed to sponsor the series and will supply some prizes if we; and as I have proposed to them, soley use Sorex Tyres this year. The compounds will be free but it must be a Sorex pre-mounted wheel and tyre combo.

There are sceptics who already know about this and think it may deprive us of entries and others say it can only be a good move. Personally I like the idea of something a little bigger than a plastic trophy dangling in front of our noses and also we get the added promotional use of there own website.

Last season many of us went to Sorex as the Vtec's became harder to find and generally I don't think there were too many complaints.

Before I say a definate yes and delve deeper please let me know your thoughts.
Last edited by Shawn Herrington on Fri Jun 20, 2008 6:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shawn Herrington

Car: Tamiya M03
Motor: MuchMore Clubman
Speedo: Mtroniks EECC
Cells: Lipo's!

Re: Carpet Series - Winter 2008/09

Postby Tim Fry » Thu Jun 19, 2008 9:58 pm

I like the idea of it myself just depends what other people think.
Tim has gone to ............... the Darkside!!!
Tim Fry

Car: You'll have to wait and see
Motor: Vantage 10.5
Speedo: Novak GTB
Cells: Lipo

Postby THancock » Fri Jun 20, 2008 6:07 am

I think that would be an excellent idea. I used the Sorex 28's during last years championship and I think they performed better than the VTEC tyres. If people are on a budget, I would expect a set of the 32's would last the entire series.

Would you be able to get them at a slightly discounted price?
THancock

Postby daveygravy » Fri Jun 20, 2008 8:22 am

I'm always keen on control tyres, but no-one else is normally interested!

Sounds like a good idea to me.
daveygravy

Full Name: David Mills
Car: 12R5.1
Motor: Reedy
Speedo: Hobbywing
Cells: Nosram

Postby Jez Clarke » Fri Jun 20, 2008 12:07 pm

I think its a good idea, especially if we can get a discount :D
We would however need a commitment from Schumacher to make sure they had enough tyres available for the whole series.

Have the motor classes been set for the winter yet?
PSN ID: voodoo_jez
Jez Clarke

Car: CRC Gen-X 10
Motor: LRP X11 17.5 SS
Speedo: LRP SPX SS
Cells: Demon Lipo

Postby terryh » Fri Jun 20, 2008 5:44 pm

Well done Shawn.

I think a control tyre is a good thing, only if the tyre works, Sorex do. Like Tim, I started using Sorex 28's last series and found them to be very good, although I do personally prefere Vtech's, only because I find they last longer and they have stronger rims than Sorex and, with that in mind, would Schumacher be supplying tyres at a discounted rate, or would we have to get our own?
terryh

Car: ARC R10 2013
Motor: Revtech Killshot
Speedo: Hobbywing V3
Cells: Gens Ace

Postby Shawn Herrington » Fri Jun 20, 2008 6:22 pm

:| No mention of a discount at the moment but whilst I am on good terms with Robin Schumacher I have asked if there is a little incentive in it for us ;)
Discount wise I have hinted at either an individual discount or failing that WKRCC bulk buy and split the order up.

So far we have been offered a prize as long as we display a Schumacher Banner and publicise we are "Supported by Schumacher"

awaiting Robins reply.

Even if we have to buy our own though my opinion is it's a good addition to this Winter. Everyone knows where we are and what we use with regards to visitors and the prize fund we have been offered is still far better than a plastic trophy.
(only a little better Brian :D )
Shawn Herrington

Postby johnnyp » Fri Jun 20, 2008 9:57 pm

sounds like a good idea although think if you could get a deal with schumy and the club that we get a discount for buyin them would be even better! maybe have them available on the day of the meetings at a discount price?
johnnyp

Postby Shawn Herrington » Mon Jun 23, 2008 7:22 pm

Well the reply is... no discount by purchasing direct :(

Robin says "We like to support the hobby trade so we expect you to buy the tyres from a local model shop. Sometimes shops will give a discount for clubs."
Shawn Herrington

Postby terryh » Mon Jun 23, 2008 8:03 pm

Shawn Herrington wrote:Well the reply is... no discount by purchasing direct :(

Robin says "We like to support the hobby trade so we expect you to buy the tyres from a local model shop. Sometimes shops will give a discount for clubs."

I actually think that's a very fair comment. How about asking a local model shop, or one you already have a relationship with if they will help by buying direct at trade and then passing them on at say £20 a set, the shop will still make a profit and the Club gets it's discounted control tyre. If they agree, the club pre-arrange to buy 40-50 sets to sell to members. The only downside to this is the extra work for Brian having to administer the whole thing so it would have to have his approval first. I know i'm suggesting it but i'm not sure I would want the extra work involved. Alternatively, members could go to the shop and buy themselves, others unable to get to the shop would most likely need internet shopping.

Great that your putting the effort in though Shawn, well done.
terryh

Car: ARC R10 2013
Motor: Revtech Killshot
Speedo: Hobbywing V3
Cells: Gens Ace

Next

Return to Public Chat