Carpet Series - Winter 2008/09

General chat

Re: Carpet Series - Winter 2008/09

Postby Shawn Herrington » Mon Jun 23, 2008 8:12 pm

Those are my thoughts entirley Terry. Race control is busy enough with handling the transponders, scrutineering table etc, etc so I think the best way is to purchase our own tyres as per normal.

The club is still having a prize fund donated at the end of the championship so I guess we can't have everything can we?

What does everybody else think?
Last edited by Shawn Herrington on Mon Jun 23, 2008 9:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shawn Herrington

Car: Tamiya M03
Motor: MuchMore Clubman
Speedo: Mtroniks EECC
Cells: Lipo's!

Postby Tim Fry » Mon Jun 23, 2008 9:15 pm

All I would suggest is that the club holds a set or two for visitors who may not have the tyres.
Tim has gone to ............... the Darkside!!!
Tim Fry

Car: You'll have to wait and see
Motor: Vantage 10.5
Speedo: Novak GTB
Cells: Lipo

Postby Brian Mills » Mon Jun 23, 2008 9:21 pm

But would we stop a visitor driving if he didn't have the correct tyres or didn't have the money to buy them on the day?

Before we decide, we need to find out what we could buy them for if we bought them in bulk from a model shop and then decide if it's financially attractive for the club and more importantly for the drivers.
Brian Mills

Postby THancock » Tue Jun 24, 2008 7:34 am

You shouldn't need to stop a visitor from running without the control tyre, just make it clear on the website that the championship is run with a control tyre and anyone without it will not score points or win prizes.
THancock

Postby Brian Mills » Tue Jun 24, 2008 10:53 am

Yes, quite agree with Tim on that. The last thing we want is for drivers (particularly those that are new to racing) to go away disappointed. The only thing I'm not sure about is how we would "police" whether drivers were using the control tyre or not?

Would some of our committee members who perhaps use a supplier regularly, like to ask what price we could buy them for in bulk. This would hopefully allow us to pass on a saving to the drivers and so make racing a bit cheaper for them. When Ian comes back perhaps we can see what Martin can do for us as he is our local model shop.
Brian Mills

Postby Simon Taylor » Wed Jun 25, 2008 9:56 am

Policing the tyre wouldn't be too bad as cars have to go to scutineering after each run so a quick look at the tyres to see if they have sorex on them. I'll try to ask up the model shop near me next time i'm up that way
I'm not an Alcoholic. I'm a Drunk, Alcoholics go to meetings
Simon Taylor

Car: Cyclone/Gen X10
Motor: Novak 13.5/ EA 17.5
Speedo: Tekin Rs Pro/ LRP Sphere
Cells: Trakpower 4900

Postby Shawn Herrington » Wed Jun 25, 2008 5:26 pm

Yes Simon.
They are really really good, very efficient, always helpfull and hold lots of stock. :D

The Garden Centre isn't too bad either! That excuse works every time with me...
"oh shall we go to a garden centre dear?.. Oh look a Model Shop! I'll take the kids in there to get them out of your way so take your time"

:P
Shawn Herrington

Postby Shawn Herrington » Fri Jul 04, 2008 6:56 pm

I have a provisional agreement with E.M Models in Tunbridge Wells which will allow us to purchase a set of Sorex Pre-Mounts for £20.
Although it doesn't sound much cheaper it is 11% cheaper than the Schumacher RRP and a little cheaper than the best price I have found on the net so far.

Due to Martin, the new owner needing to do his homework to make sure he won't be out of pocket we still need to finalise the deal.
Once agreed then there there is the problem of identifying ourselves to him when buying the tyres. The best solution I can think of is to use our membership cards or quoting WKRCC if buying online?

I can collect any orders that are placed online to save p&p charges if anyone wishes...
Also we are hoping to volunteer Ian into bringing a supply of Tyres to the winter meetings; which can be sold on the day. (£20, nice round figure, no change needed etc,etc,etc)

I think that covers all the questions so far but I am hoping the special price will be more "long term" than just the winter series...
Shawn Herrington

Postby Brian Mills » Fri Jul 04, 2008 8:32 pm

We could quite easily give Martin a members list, so he could request name and memb. number for on line sales.
The only people who currently are given cards are those who are full (12 month) members.
Brian Mills

Postby Shawn Herrington » Fri Jul 04, 2008 10:33 pm

yes, good point Brian.
I suppose Martin could or rather will need to have a database of names and addresses for online sales, so maybe he could make a note there somehow.
Shawn Herrington

PreviousNext

Return to Public Chat