New member-What car to bring!

General chat

New member-What car to bring!

Postby Mackiatoe » Sun Feb 20, 2011 12:27 pm

Hi I am considering joining this club and I need to know what sort of car to bring. I have had a look on the Winter and Summer rules for what cars are allowed but I am still stuck. Could anyone suggest a good manufacturer or actual car that would be allowed to race? Thanks! :)
Mackiatoe

Car: Tamiya Subaru Brat
Motor: Tamiya Typ3 540 Brushed
Speedo: None
Cells: N/A

Re: New member-What car to bring!

Postby Simond001 » Sun Feb 20, 2011 5:03 pm

If you are a beginner or relative beginner I would suggest a Tamiya M03. This comes with either a swift, fiat 500 or mini shell. The swift is the most popular.

The reason that I would point you in this direction is that the cars are very easy to set up, they are the lower end of the financial scale and rively resilient to the knocks that happen with indoor racing.

If you are more experienced you may wish to consider 4wd touring cars. These cost a lot more, are more fragile, and set up is more crucial. They are jolly fast though :)
You really should only consider this route after looking at the different cars, speaking to owners at the club, and deciding which suits your mechanical and driving skills.

The third option is the pan car route. Associated RC10 R5 and RC12 R5 are the most popular at the club. Again, I would suggest looking at the cars trackside before leaping in as you will learn a lot by talking to the drivers.

Next meeting is next week, why not pop along and have a look.

(if you do buy the tamiya M03 EVERYTHING apart from the car itself is available from http://www.pit-bitz.com who just happen to be trackside at most meetings :) )
Part of the WKRCC taking Eastbourne by storm.

Sole supplier of the TCUK / EECC Mtroniks ESC for tamiya Black can and Mardave 540 style motors.

www.pit-bitz.com
Simond001

Car: M05 pro / M03R
Motor: Black can
Speedo: Mtronics EECC.
Cells: 3600 Demons LiPo

Postby Mackiatoe » Sun Feb 20, 2011 5:26 pm

Thanks for the help, I will take it into consideration :)
Mackiatoe

Car: Tamiya Subaru Brat
Motor: Tamiya Typ3 540 Brushed
Speedo: None
Cells: N/A

Postby Brian Mills » Sun Feb 20, 2011 7:11 pm

All good advice. The club has a mini of its own if you want to come along and try that out.
I would certainly recommend that you come along to see what goes on and what cars people are driving before you make any decision about what to buy.
Regards Brian
Brian Mills

Return to Public Chat