Round 10

General chat

Re: Round 10

Postby chris_dono » Wed Sep 21, 2011 11:20 am

dis96 wrote:Chris, can it really be bypassed easily? Did I hear something about manuf being told that their blinky mode had not to be able to be bypassed and must be the same for all their speedos (no fast team speedos) or their equipment would not be allowed at meetings with a potential 5 year ban, or was that abroad.

That was ROAR and one speedo manufacturer in particular.
I'll have a chat next time I see you
chris_dono

Car: Serpent - CRV
Motor: Any
Speedo: Hobbywing
Cells: Lipo, Lipo and Lipo

Postby chris_dono » Wed Sep 21, 2011 11:22 am

terryh wrote:Hi Darren, I wouldn't worry too much about getting the gearing right, most people will take advise before hand, and I'm sure will gear on the conservative side initially and work from there. If you temp the motor after a couple of minutes, I can't see it being any more of a problem than running speedo's with advanced timing. I have seen guys blow motors and speedo's when using advanced timing trying to get more and more out of it, so what's different? I think the biggest factor will be 'the right battery' so nothing new again, everything is the same, just slower!

I totally agree with Tim in that it will make for some close racing, there should certainly be less crashing, less damage and less cost, which for many, will put smiles back on faces. And, again, I agree with Tim in that I dont think people will cheat, their problem if they do, and if they do, I should think the speed on the straight would give the game away :D

Chris, after you explained to me how easy it would be for people to cheat, I can easily see now how if can be done, but as I said above, I really cant see many trying. I hope it will help us consentrate more on perfecting our lines and consistency, as that will be what wins races. Should be good for you then mate, Mr. Consistent :)

Yeah I don't think for a minute that anyone racing here will try and cheat ! :) If nothing else, it'll be an interesting season this year hehe
chris_dono

Postby terryh » Wed Sep 21, 2011 12:38 pm

Chris

I'm quite looking forward to it :D

Not relevant to West Kent i know, but I think mod on Sundays is going to be 'interesting' to say the least, can you imagine me with a mod bolted in...!! Cant say I'm looking forward to it tbh, the lower heats will have such a mix of abilities, plus drivers running 4t and 10.5's in the same heat, think AMC might be see the biggest benefit of mod for all :roll:
terryh

Car: ARC R10 2013
Motor: Revtech Killshot
Speedo: Hobbywing V3
Cells: Gens Ace

Postby Brian Mills » Wed Sep 21, 2011 1:45 pm

Apologies to Darren - I didn't see your post until just now.
Yes there will be the "get 11 for the price of 9" offer. Just pay at the first meeting, although I'm not sure that Tim H is the sort of person to do anything as vulgar as carry cash!!
Brian Mills

Postby chris_dono » Wed Sep 21, 2011 2:02 pm

terryh wrote:Chris

I'm quite looking forward to it :D

Not relevant to West Kent i know, but I think mod on Sundays is going to be 'interesting' to say the least, can you imagine me with a mod bolted in...!! Cant say I'm looking forward to it tbh, the lower heats will have such a mix of abilities, plus drivers running 4t and 10.5's in the same heat, think AMC might be see the biggest benefit of mod for all :roll:

Stop that ! you're fine with a mod motor in :)
chris_dono

Previous

Return to Public Chat