Class help for a new member

General chat

Class help for a new member

Postby Tom-66 » Mon Apr 22, 2013 10:14 pm

Hi all, my names Tom and just joined up, I live south east Kent and was thinking about popping along to a meet one day. Have had mardaves for several years but there is no local club to me, and that is my question, I see there is a 1/12 class (sorry if I'm being thick) but it doesn't say what cars are allowed, manufacturers etc would my mardave be?

Many thanks
Tom
Tom-66

Full Name: Thomas
Car: Mardave
Motor: G2
Speedo: G2 Brushless
Cells: 4 cell nimh

Re: Class help for a new member

Postby Tim Fry » Tue Apr 23, 2013 7:57 pm

Hi Tom

We currently run 1/10 scale touring cars, Tamiya minis and 12th pan cars. We dont currently run a class for Mardaves.
The best thing to do is pop down and take a look.

Tim
Tim has gone to ............... the Darkside!!!
Tim Fry

Car: You'll have to wait and see
Motor: Vantage 10.5
Speedo: Novak GTB
Cells: Lipo

Postby Tom-66 » Tue Apr 23, 2013 9:42 pm

Ok thanks for the reply, will pop along one day. Shall be having a look at pan cars too :)

Thanks
Tom-66

Full Name: Thomas
Car: Mardave
Motor: G2
Speedo: G2 Brushless
Cells: 4 cell nimh

Postby dis96 » Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:56 am

Might be worth having a look at GT12 cars ;)

After the national at the weekend a lot of people were quite impressed with them, i wouldn't be surprised if a few people start to get them.

A couple already run in with the Minis at WK and are closer to a mardave with regards to money needed than a 12th pan car is.

But drop into the club and see what you like the look of, i have seen mardave going round at WK so you maybe able to have a bit of a go with what you have whilst you decide what direction you want to go, i doubt they will turn you away, so bring your gear with you ;)
dis96

Postby Bosscat » Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:30 pm

If you fancy a spot of Friday evening racing then Sidcup Club does run a class for Mardave cars. We race alternate Fridays and try to keep our meetings one week out of phase with West Kent that way you can race one Sunday at West kent and the following Friday at Sidcup if you wish. pop along and see us too you'll be made very welcome.
Bosscat

Car: Zen Racing
Motor: Thunder 10.5
Speedo: Hobbywing
Cells: 1s Lipo

Postby Tim Fry » Wed Apr 24, 2013 6:22 pm

dis96 wrote:Might be worth having a look at GT12 cars ;)

After the national at the weekend a lot of people were quite impressed with them, i wouldn't be surprised if a few people start to get them.

A couple already run in with the Minis at WK and are closer to a mardave with regards to money needed than a 12th pan car is.

But drop into the club and see what you like the look of, i have seen mardave going round at WK so you maybe able to have a bit of a go with what you have whilst you decide what direction you want to go, i doubt they will turn you away, so bring your gear with you ;)

Yes the GT12 cars did look really good and I like the idea of running them but we just have to be careful not to dilute what we already have.

On a personal note I think the GTs are better than the minis for the more advanced driver as its kind of a step up.
Tim has gone to ............... the Darkside!!!
Tim Fry

Car: You'll have to wait and see
Motor: Vantage 10.5
Speedo: Novak GTB
Cells: Lipo

Return to Public Chat