rob latchford

Full Name: Robert Latchford
Car: M05
Motor: 24t
Speedo: asman
Cells: 7.2 6 cell

Re: M05 upgrades?

Postby rob latchford » Wed Oct 23, 2013 7:45 pm

Oh an i have already installed it with bearing :)
rob latchford

Full Name: Robert Latchford
Car: M05
Motor: 24t
Speedo: asman
Cells: 7.2 6 cell

Re: M05 upgrades?

Postby dis96 » Mon Oct 28, 2013 11:46 am

Glad you have received a good service from www.pit-bitz.com taxman, happy to be of service, sure you can mention us, i hope... lol

On the M05 these are the upgrades i have found to be most useful.

Front shock mount, carbon or ali. Means you can adjust the angle of the front shock which improves the handling of the M05 no end.
Oil Damper set, very much needed over the original friction shocks, allow lots more adjustment. The friction shocks do work, but once you swap you wont put them back on. Not sure what the latest oil combination indoors is, but 50wt with 3 hole piston would be a good start. Stiff front spring, slightly softer rear.
Tyres, the treaded carpet tyres are very good, but people are doing well with the sweep 25's and 33's too. Stu colby was using the Pit Shimizu treaded last year medium front and soft rear with the standard inserts. When the grip comes up super glue the front side wall to prevent grip roll.

Not quite so necessary upgrades,

Ali steering track set, takes away some of the slack around the steering of the car replacing all the plastic parts.
A decent steering servo, we have found the better the servo the better the steering in the M05, wasn't so important with M03 for some reason, perhaps because of the long steering link.
Upgrade servo saver, I have personally found the servo saver way too soft, so if you feel the car is driving well, and goes in to a corner well, but seems to hang on with the steering and not straighten up quick enough and sometimes then spinning round as you power out of the corner. Try stiffening the servo saver with a tie wrap or swap with a stiff servo horn if you are confident you wont break the servo gears.

Hope that helps, and hope to be there on Sunday, unless the wife has other plans :(
dis96

Previous

Return to Public Chat