Returning to 1/10 TC's

General chat

Returning to 1/10 TC's

Postby ultimatecombination » Thu Apr 23, 2015 8:36 pm

Hi

I used to race with the club around 10 years ago (back at Hugh Cristie), originally starting with buggies when you had the off road track in southborough and then moving to TC's when the class ended.

I had to stop when i moved away for university, and then work - but now i have my Sundays back i was thinking of taking a look at racing again.

However i notice A LOT has changed in that time with the class rules etc... Back when i was racing before we had the 27t motor limit and brushless motors didnt exsist!

I intend to drop by next meet and have a chat etc, but was wondering as you now all used brushless motors and such - would you allow a TC with a 27T brushed motor (or likewise a 13T i have from my buggy days, both BRCA approved) to run whist i decide if i wanted to stick with TC's?

Im also on 27mhz radio gear, i assume that this is still allowed amongst all the 2.7ghz stuff (again new to me!)

Thanks in advance :)

Carl
ultimatecombination

Full Name: Carl Hopkins
Car: .
Motor: .
Speedo: .
Cells: .

Re: Returning to 1/10 TC's

Postby Brian Mills » Sun Apr 26, 2015 3:59 pm

Hi Carl,

Good to hear from you again.
Yes things have changed considerably since you raced last. I think that was when we were still at Hugh Christie, though I may be wrong there.
I'd suggest that after our short break you come down (on May 17th) with the car and charged batteries (if you have them) and give it a try. No problem with using 27meg by the way. At least you'll be able to compare the speed of the TC's with yours and decide from there. I'll ask Ian to bring the club Mini so you can have a go with that if you like.

Hope to see you then.

Regards
Brian
Brian Mills

Postby ultimatecombination » Sun Apr 26, 2015 10:25 pm

Hi Brian

Yes I think it was the final year before you moved, I never ran at Hayesbrook. Its great to see the club doing so well and still going strong. It was a friend of my Mrs who happened to mention he had started the Tamiya Minis with you that set all this in motion.

Unfortunately I wont be able to make the 17th, but I will pop down on the following meeting to take a look, and maybe have a go. I'm in the process of dusting all the kit off now, it maybe the case after 10 years that some of the electronics may not be too good.

I also seem to have a large collection of yellow minipins - another throwback to the old days in sure!

Look forward to meeting you all again.

Carl
ultimatecombination

Postby ultimatecombination » Sun May 03, 2015 12:01 pm

Well turns out most of my crystals and battery's are dead - so treated myself to new 2.4ghz TX set and upgraded to Lipo...

Problem is then you might as well get a new speedo and motor - so did that to and will hopefully have a 17.5t brushless for my first meet on 31st.

Look forward to seeing you all then!
ultimatecombination

Postby Brian Mills » Sun May 03, 2015 6:47 pm

Hi Carl,

Well, you certainly mean business........

See you on the 31st.
Brian Mills

Postby ultimatecombination » Sun May 31, 2015 10:53 pm

All,
Just wanted to say a big thanks to everyone for a great meeting and the warm welcome back.

Look forward to the next round, might manage more than a handful of laps next time!

Cheers, Carl
ultimatecombination

Postby Brian Mills » Mon Jun 01, 2015 2:21 pm

Hi Carl,

Yes, hopefully better next time - glad you enjoyed it.

Regards
Brian
Brian Mills

Return to Public Chat