Tracks

General chat

Tracks

Postby Dave G » Sun Mar 06, 2016 5:10 pm

Does anyone know of any indoor tracks where you can pay to run your car for practice for as long as you like?
Dave G

Full Name: David Gibbons
Car: Tamiya M05/M06
Motor: Silver Cam
Speedo: Tamiya
Cells: 3300 HPI

Re: Tracks

Postby Brian Mills » Wed Mar 09, 2016 3:30 pm

Dave,

I would think that most clubs are like ours and have limited time available due to one reason or another.
Obviously at West Kent we have limited practice time because we have to vacate the hall before the next hirers arrive so each class gets 5 minutes with possibly a few more minutes between the end of heats and beginning of finals.

I would imagine that even permanent indoor tracks need to be unlocked and have someone present, so there is probably limited likelihood that a track owner would regularly make a venue available on the off chance that someone might turn up who wanted to do an extended practice.

The chance of a venue such as ours being available given the above criteria would make it prohibitively expensive.

I have suggested before (to the drivers in general and not yourself in particular!) that if people want to arrive early to help set up and stay on after to help clear away, that would allow a little more time for racing/practice. However, the response to that has been rather lukewarm.

Regards
Brian
Brian Mills

Return to Public Chat