Oh just do it you tart! :lol:
Shawn Herrington

Car: Tamiya M03
Motor: MuchMore Clubman
Speedo: Mtroniks EECC
Cells: Lipo's!

Re: Mardave Class ?

Postby johnnyp » Sun Jan 04, 2009 2:40 pm

well wot a day! was some really close and fun racing and that final was chaotic but amazing! 15 cars out at once altho think the speeds are pretty similar between the mardaves and tamiyas which is good! Only thing was the confusion for the start with reversed grid and numbers but not sure how or if you can get around it! oh and also in a pushin contest to get on rostrum! i opted for the floor space and while slightly handicapped as not as high as some the fact i could move my head without pushin two people off definately makes up for me! hope everyone else had as much fun as me oh yeah and my touring car went ok too!
johnnyp

Postby Shawn Herrington » Sun Jan 04, 2009 3:41 pm

Yes totally agree John. 15 cars was mighty impressive, even if a little fraught. Luckily these things don't have wing mirrors :lol:

The high number of entries caught race control completly off guard which unfortunatly created the problem in the finals listing. Brian is going to read up on the software instructions to see what happens to transponder allocations when we have more than 10 cars. Unless of course anbody knows... Apparently the handouts need to be given priority over the pt's which kind of screws up the numbering system? Surely not :?:

A couple of issues we have though is the rostrum space as you say and also the front edge of the Mardave chassis.
Due to a Lipo being punctured today we really do need to have all Mardaves fitted with bumpers next time please. Simond001 can help out with the supply of them if need be.

Also track space? 15 cars on track at once was ok but what about when we have more?? Unfortunatly we may need to cap the entries as running a 2nd heat is sadly not an option due to time limits.

Oh, and rules. Now we have two classes running together we need to have someting in black and white. More on that in due course though.

Otherwise. An excellent day :D
Shawn Herrington

Postby Brian Mills » Sun Jan 04, 2009 4:42 pm

I have e-mailed Dale at RC-Timing to get his thoughts on how we can overcome the problem of P/T's when more than 10 cars are running.
Will post here when I hear back.
Brian Mills

Postby Simond001 » Sun Jan 04, 2009 5:31 pm

Appreciate the welcome today chaps. I enjoyed the racing, remarkably stress free when you only need one set of cells for the day.

As Shawn has advised, i am happy to bring along any bumpers that are required (I'll keep a couple in the car for new drivers). I'm also quite happy to provide any other Mardave spares either at the club or collection from TN6 if anyone struggles to get anything. This won't be a profit making excercise.

Do you use the same track layout each week?

Regarding the rostrum, one comment was that the benchees could all be single height so all mini drivers could get on. Would be fairer than some people being on the floor, although if the are tall they can see what life is like for us midgets!

lastly, if you are going to limit the mini entires, would it be fairer to allow mini only drivers entry first. Would be harsh to arrive and find the only formula you entered was full!

anyway, thanks for today, always a pleasure watching racing from the back of the grid, things can only improve!
Part of the WKRCC taking Eastbourne by storm.

Sole supplier of the TCUK / EECC Mtroniks ESC for tamiya Black can and Mardave 540 style motors.

www.pit-bitz.com
Simond001

Car: M05 pro / M03R
Motor: Black can
Speedo: Mtronics EECC.
Cells: 3600 Demons LiPo

Postby THancock » Sun Jan 04, 2009 6:08 pm

I can only second what has already been said. It was great fun today with 15 cars all going round. I think on average we are looking at 18 or 19 second laps for the top runners so that will determine how many cars can run in the qualifying rounds. I ran my fastest time whilst standing on the floor at the right of the rostrum so I don't think the height of the rostrum makes much difference. Perhaps the final grid order could be addressed by having a short briefing prior to the final so the newcomers know what is happening?

All I wanted to add is that today was one of the most fun days racing I've ever had and the track Grant laid out was just awesome.

Keep up the good work everyone. :D :D :D

Tim.
THancock

Postby Shawn Herrington » Sun Jan 04, 2009 6:27 pm

Simond001 wrote:lastly, if you are going to limit the mini entires, would it be fairer to allow mini only drivers entry first. Would be harsh to arrive and find the only formula you entered was full!

I would love to have as many cars as possible on the track but that idea nearly bit us on the back side today :oops:

When I saw 15 cars entered my eyes lit up like the Firework in London on New Years Eve but problem one is the first cars come back around almost before the last car has left the line. 15 we were ok more more? - not good. One cure would be to let two go at a time but then we have to try and work out how and who goes when.

The next problem, other than the pt one is damage and traffic. It will be a toss up between good racing and always fighting through the traffic.
Personaly I don't mind as it's a fun class and it happens in full size formulas all the time; plus you need to apply a little strategy ;)

but will the class suffer because of it ?
Shawn Herrington

Postby Simond001 » Sun Jan 04, 2009 8:02 pm

I'd agree that it was very busy on the track today but aside from the transponder issue it is the same for all. I do feel that it would assist improvers (me!) if the track was clearer you could get into a rhythm which I never seemed to find.

i like the reverse grid, opposite of what we do in oval and it does seeem to tighten the final up.

never mind. car is fixed, new kingpins and speed controller so car is ready to race. Just a shame it 13days away!
Part of the WKRCC taking Eastbourne by storm.

Sole supplier of the TCUK / EECC Mtroniks ESC for tamiya Black can and Mardave 540 style motors.

www.pit-bitz.com
Simond001

Car: M05 pro / M03R
Motor: Black can
Speedo: Mtronics EECC.
Cells: 3600 Demons LiPo

Postby dis96 » Sun Jan 04, 2009 8:42 pm

what was the transponder issue?
dis96

Postby Shawn Herrington » Sun Jan 04, 2009 9:29 pm

Rather than software allocate numbers in the accending order as per qualifying time as we all expect it to; it seemed to want to give everyone using a hand out their number first ( 1 to 10 ) and then tag the pt runners on the end .

For example I qualy'd 5th, one position behind "Team Yarp and Narp" (James B). They were issued no.4 and poor old me had no.12.
Now come the start of the final, remembering reverse grid, I was 4th from the front and James was 4th from the back.

I expect Brian can elaborate more...

Mind you if last time was anything to go by it saved me the trouble of polishing all their tyre marks off my C Pilar, roof and bonnet :lol:
Shawn Herrington

PreviousNext

Return to Public Chat