bad driving

General chat

bad driving

Postby walden » Sun Jan 04, 2009 8:56 pm

Hi All

Another quality track and well done to all the Committee members making another great day.

But on another note i was very disapointed with the level of driving in the C final after starting 6th on the grid i made good ground for being third within a short time then another car that was quicker than mine just drove straight through me rather than being sensible, but the whole race was marred by other drivers constantly driving through me on number of occcasions, quite wound off by the end of the race but i managed to come 3rd in the end, but checking my car over after the final i had two broken wishbones and two broken steering yokes, and yes i was completely wound off even more, i know we are all guilty of the occasional ding dong but people should apologise but they dont.

I'm also very surprised that the amount of bad driving thats going on, no one is pulling the drivers up or even telling the drivers to tidy it up,

I had a great time with the Mardave Caterham 7 the final was a bit manic though but good fun.

Be back for round 6 :D
Last edited by walden on Tue Jan 06, 2009 10:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
walden

Car: TC5R Exotek Chassis
Motor: 13.5/17.5
Speedo: Orca VC4 Pro
Cells: LIPO

Re: bad driving

Postby Simon Taylor » Mon Jan 05, 2009 9:02 pm

Don't think i was guilty of it in that final mine was broken by that time by a overkeen marshal. But appologise if it was me
I'm not an Alcoholic. I'm a Drunk, Alcoholics go to meetings
Simon Taylor

Car: Cyclone/Gen X10
Motor: Novak 13.5/ EA 17.5
Speedo: Tekin Rs Pro/ LRP Sphere
Cells: Trakpower 4900

Postby walden » Tue Jan 06, 2009 8:42 am

Hi Simon

No need to apologise Simon it wasn't you that kept taking me out, but i think your accident took place when i got hit again and the marshall went to get my car but damaged your car in the meantime.

Whilst racing in heat 4 i was the slowest using a brushed motor and sometimes i may of got in the way of other drivers, but at the end of the race i went up to the driver/s and apologised and some of the faster guys apologised to me aswell for accidently hitting me.

Whilst marshalling the lower heats it just seemed that some drivers would prefer to drive into someone rather than try and overtake somewhere sensible, for instance the top corner at marshall point 5 there was cars turning in and other cars coming up speeding not slowing done in time and basically using the car on the bend as a brake.

Would it be possible for a committee member to actually monitor some of the racing?
Last edited by walden on Tue Jan 06, 2009 10:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
walden

Postby Richard Hathaway » Tue Jan 06, 2009 9:55 am

I agree that the C final was a bit of a demolition derby (apologies to any one that I hit), but it wasn't unique - on occasion the A and B finals have had some similar races. So before everyone starts jumping around and wanting the Race Director to reprimand drivers for every small mistake/collision (and ending up like F1 where the drivers are frightened to overtake for fear of a reprimand), let's see if all drivers take note of this topic and improve their behaviour. If not, then the Race Director can start taking action.
Richard Hathaway

Postby walden » Tue Jan 06, 2009 10:34 am

Richard Hathaway wrote:I agree that the C final was a bit of a demolition derby (apologies to any one that I hit), but it wasn't unique - on occasion the A and B finals have had some similar races. So before everyone starts jumping around and wanting the Race Director to reprimand drivers for every small mistake/collision (and ending up like F1 where the drivers are frightened to overtake for fear of a reprimand), let's see if all drivers take note of this topic and improve their behaviour. If not, then the Race Director can start taking action.

Agreed, we all have the occasional ding dongs but when its constantly happening someone needs to just say "come drivers tidy it up" something along those lines, but glad to see drivers are responding to the post
walden

Postby Dan Hamblin » Tue Jan 06, 2009 6:27 pm

walden wrote:Whilst marshalling the lower heats it just seemed that some drivers would prefer to drive into someone rather than try and overtake somewhere sensible, for instance the top corner at marshall point 5 there was cars turning in and other cars coming up speeding not slowing done in time and basically using the car on the bend as a brake.

Was that in the furthest corner from race control? I steamed into there several times and found a car going slowly around the apex - I didn't actually see them until the last minute, and end up hitting their rear bumper. I didn't twig until the final that it was actually faster and safer if you dive toward that marshal point tap the brakes and then go through the bend...

I do try and shout out "sorry" if I hit someone accidentally, and if I really make a mess of things during the qualifying heats I tend to stop and let the other driver back through. Similarly I try and thank people when they make an effort to get out of the way if I lap them.

Regards,

Dan
If at first you don't succeed - destroy all evidence that you tried! :D
Dan Hamblin

Car: Tamiya M03
Motor: Ansmann 23t
Speedo: Tamiya black thing
Cells: LiPo 3200mAh

Postby walden » Wed Jan 07, 2009 10:18 am

Hi Dan

Marshall point 5 was the top right corner of the circuit.
walden

Postby maxsweep » Wed Jan 07, 2009 1:20 pm

Hi all,
Simon I think I may have been the over keen marshal if walden's car is redish and yours black then it was me, I have to admit I didn't feel anything hit me but thats not to say it didn't Soz.
On the driving standards side of things the C final was messy, but to put my 50cent in there was no verbal communication between drivers us lerners in the D races do give a warning shout if appraching a slower driver which seems to work.
Last edited by maxsweep on Wed Jan 07, 2009 5:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
maxsweep

Car: TRF 415
Motor: 27 Brushed
Speedo: Viper eco 27
Cells: 2 cell Trakpower lipo

Postby walden » Wed Jan 07, 2009 4:06 pm

Hi Max

My car was the bright orange and white purple flip with the carbon fibre effect, i agree with you Max about the communication it plays a major part.
walden

Postby maxsweep » Wed Jan 07, 2009 5:35 pm

That was a detail description, was it upside down just after the race control, thats the car I was thinking of.
maxsweep

Car: TRF 415
Motor: 27 Brushed
Speedo: Viper eco 27
Cells: 2 cell Trakpower lipo

Return to Public Chat