Mardave Class

General chat

Re: Mardave Class ?

Postby Brian Mills » Wed Jan 07, 2009 4:35 pm

I'd suggest, as I've said elsewhere on the forum, that if anyone has an opinion on (in this case) Mardave rules, that they put something into an e-mail and let me have it before the committee meeting on Jan 14th. That will allow all points of view to be raised - not just those of the committee who are present at the time.

However, PLEASE make your point(s) as succinctly as you can and leave out any flowery waffle. A few well chosen bullet points carries far more weight than half a page of chat that has the salient points all but hidden under reams of irrelevance.

In you have a point of view by all means make it in an e-mail to me at brian@wkrcc.co.uk
Brian Mills

Postby Brian Mills » Wed Jan 07, 2009 9:32 pm

Sorry - I hope my last post wasn't taken to mean that this shouldn't be discussed here!
It's just that I need the salient points from all sides for the committee meeting and that's easier for me if you mail me direct with just the important bits!
Thanks
Brian Mills

Postby Brian Mills » Sat Jan 10, 2009 4:48 pm

i've had a look at the transponder allocations and it looks fairly straightforward. The only problem with running as many as fifteen cars is that we will have to insist on drivers having a p/t. Last week Andy MacEwan was happy to run without a transponder at all which saved us from having to go to an extra heat. Perhaps that will have to be a requirement?
Brian Mills

Postby Andy Crawford » Sat Jan 10, 2009 5:39 pm

Brian Mills wrote:i've had a look at the transponder allocations and it looks fairly straightforward. The only problem with running as many as fifteen cars is that we will have to insist on drivers having a p/t. Last week Andy MacEwan was happy to run without a transponder at all which saved us from having to go to an extra heat. Perhaps that will have to be a requirement?

I would not be too keen on the idea of having to buy a PT for the mini class to be honest??
Andy Crawford

Postby Shawn Herrington » Sat Jan 10, 2009 9:02 pm

Is it a software problem which means the handouts and pt's can't be mixed or are we just talking maximum starters?
If it's the later; then assuming all 10 handout's are allocated, anybody running with pt's is there to bump the numbers up.

Sorry, I don't understand these things Brian, but are handouts not the same as pt's, with their own codes; except that they belong to the club :?
If we have more than 10 entries requiring handouts then perhaps we need to allocate them on a first come first served basis at signing in.

I can see it now. It will be like the queue for the Harrods Sale outside the school gates on a cold Sunday morning. Might mean we get some more hands on the Carpet Squad tho' :D

Cough Cough DAN Cough Cough :lol:
Shawn Herrington

Car: Tamiya M03
Motor: MuchMore Clubman
Speedo: Mtroniks EECC
Cells: Lipo's!

Postby Brian Mills » Sun Jan 11, 2009 11:10 am

Shawn - yes it is purely a number of starters thing. Last meeting there were 15 "mini's" but only 4 of them had P/T's which meant (after using the 10 handouts) there was one car with no transponder at all. If we intend to run only one mini heat (which we must do for now due to time constraints) then all the mini's will be in one heat meaning this is likely to be a recurring problem if not enough people have P/T's.

I understand that Andy may not want to run a P/T in his mini but he may find that he's the person with the choice of either running with no transponder or not running at all.
Brian Mills

Postby Andy Crawford » Sun Jan 11, 2009 5:09 pm

Maybe the mini class should have been limited to a max of 10 drivers then Brian, after all that was the original decision. It seems a bit off to me if I am forced to spend £60 (or whatever it is) to buy another P/T to put in my mini to allow me to compete in a championship which I have already paid for! this would also be more expense which could deter new drivers from racing in this class at WKRCC........
Last edited by Andy Crawford on Sun Jan 11, 2009 7:30 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Andy Crawford

Postby Bosscat » Sun Jan 11, 2009 5:16 pm

It would appear that the mini class is a victim of its own sucess which in these straightened financial times is quite an achievement well done guys!!
Now at the risk of Brian blowing a gasket and probably shooting me :) I suppose manual counting for some of the minis is out of the question or is it???
Bosscat

Car: Zen Racing
Motor: Thunder 10.5
Speedo: Hobbywing
Cells: 1s Lipo

Postby Andy Crawford » Sun Jan 11, 2009 6:16 pm

There was not a problem before Mardave's were allowed in the heat........
Andy Crawford

Postby Simond001 » Sun Jan 11, 2009 6:40 pm

Andy Crawford wrote:Maybe the mini class should have been limited to a max of 10 drivers then Brian which after all that was the original decision

If the class is limited to ten cars, would there be any spaces left for newcomers or have all the spaces been prebooked? Would it also be Tamiya only, or Mardaves as well?

Andy Crawford wrote: this would be more expense which could deter new drivers from racing in this class at WKRCC........

To be honest I'd be happy with first come first served on the handouts, or first option to those in the mini championship who have paid in advance then fcfs.

The only negative is that is does exclude newcomers from joining in and seeing their progress, but (as in my case) they cannot compete for the winter championship anyway as they have missed meetings.
Part of the WKRCC taking Eastbourne by storm.

Sole supplier of the TCUK / EECC Mtroniks ESC for tamiya Black can and Mardave 540 style motors.

www.pit-bitz.com
Simond001

Car: M05 pro / M03R
Motor: Black can
Speedo: Mtronics EECC.
Cells: 3600 Demons LiPo

PreviousNext

Return to Public Chat