Mardave Class

General chat

Re: Mardave Class

Postby Mr Dallas » Fri Feb 06, 2009 11:28 pm

Cheers for the reply

i actully have brand new versions of both the M03 and a V12 worlds, both bought quite a while ago to try and regain my intrest in racing, am leaning towards the m chassis as TBH never raced anything FWD and like the idea of it for some strange reason :lol:
Mr Dallas

Postby Shawn Herrington » Sat Feb 07, 2009 8:26 am

The Mini's and Mardaves are both excellent value for the fun and really are not as slow as you might imagine. Infact if pedalled smoothly the lap times are not too far away from the touring cars...

Don't tell Simond001 ;) , but when we first started with the Mini's I was planning to "upgrade" (if that's the right choice of word) to a Mardave, but there really isn't anything in it performance wise. The Mardaves have the legs down the straight and the M03's are that little bit better round the twisty bits to even things up nicely. :D

Regarding the M03; many people prefer the medium length chassis as they are not as twitchy as the short; however others can't notice any difference and get them round just as quickly.
The only other necessity is superglue on the outside edge of the front tyres to stop the grip roll and also if your transmitter allows you; turn everything down...
Shawn Herrington

Car: Tamiya M03
Motor: MuchMore Clubman
Speedo: Mtroniks EECC
Cells: Lipo's!

Postby Simond001 » Sat Feb 07, 2009 10:43 am

Shawn Herrington wrote:
Don't tell Simond001 ;) , but when we first started with the Mini's I was planning to "upgrade" (if that's the right choice of word) to a Mardave, but there really isn't anything in it performance wise. The Mardaves have the legs down the straight and the M03's are that little bit better round the twisty bits to even things up nicely. :D

You say the nicest things :)

Watching the video above it is clear that the mini's have much better turn in. Even Steve's mardave was running wide on every corner, whereas Tim's M03 was darting around the corners on rails.

The irony is, I have been looking at a lwb M03 for myself! (I also considered it an upgrade, just goes to show, the grass is always greener!)
Part of the WKRCC taking Eastbourne by storm.

Sole supplier of the TCUK / EECC Mtroniks ESC for tamiya Black can and Mardave 540 style motors.

www.pit-bitz.com
Simond001

Car: M05 pro / M03R
Motor: Black can
Speedo: Mtronics EECC.
Cells: 3600 Demons LiPo

Postby stuart colby » Sun Feb 08, 2009 7:32 pm

hey all you mardave peeps. i just put a well nice pro painted shell on ebay if you wanna check it out
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... RK:MESE:IT
stuart colby

Previous

Return to Public Chat