General chat

Re: Mini/Mardave for Summer

Postby johnnyp » Wed Apr 15, 2009 8:25 am

hmmmm anti mardave summer championship???? hmmmm
johnnyp

Postby Shawn Herrington » Wed Apr 15, 2009 8:46 am

You can come along John.
The same rules will apply as in the Winter. i.e Silver Cans.

However I don't think you will find them very successful outside. A few drivers have tried them on the Tennis Courts and couldn't get any grip. Hence, they have now bought Tamiya Minis.

The Mini's have been re-named "Tamiya Minis" purely because of the new Hpi version.... Initialy some time ago it was rumoured to be an all guns blazing 4WD model :o which wouldn't have been quite so fair would it?

However now the lads at RC-Mini.net have had their hands on an example; which happens to be 2wd. Their review can be found here:
http://www.rc-mini.net/joomla/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=142:hpi-switch-review&catid=115:hpi-switch-review&Itemid=146

As you will read we have probably saved everyone some money by limiting the class to the Tamiya Mini's.
...and of course the Mardaves
Last edited by Shawn Herrington on Sat Apr 18, 2009 7:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Shawn Herrington

Car: Tamiya M03
Motor: MuchMore Clubman
Speedo: Mtroniks EECC
Cells: Lipo's!

Postby johnnyp » Wed Apr 15, 2009 9:47 am

ahhh ok ooh hpi have gone for an all out mini then hmmm anyway no problems hope to see you at some point in the summer!!!
johnnyp

Postby Brian Mills » Sun Apr 26, 2009 6:10 pm

I've ordered another 5 sport tuned motors at the same price (£14), as we sold 4 of the original 5 today!
Brian Mills

Previous

Return to Public Chat