Tamiya Mini's / M03 & M05 Class.

General chat

Re: Tamiya M03 Class

Postby Richard Hathaway » Thu Aug 27, 2009 11:18 am

Eastbourne are now allowing the M0-5 to compete in the new round of their championship and the Tamiya Cup will allow the M0-5 in the 2010 series (they don't allow chassis changes mid-season). So as the club will be starting another championship season, will the Mini class rules be changed to allow the M0-5 chassis to compete and be elegible for championship points?
Richard Hathaway

Postby Simond001 » Thu Aug 27, 2009 12:49 pm

I used my M05 last night. It was good to be able to use it, although I cant lap as quickly as with the M03.

I think that WK follow the EECC rules for mini's? so I assume we will be able to use them in the winter series.

Be good to race indoors, last winter converted me from the oval to curcuit, so it will be a bit of a homecoming for me.

as a sidenote, we have had some Mtronics speed controllers made specifically for the Tamiya motor. They seem to be working well with an unbeaten record. If anyone wants one please email me. I have a new batch arriving next week.
Part of the WKRCC taking Eastbourne by storm.

Sole supplier of the TCUK / EECC Mtroniks ESC for tamiya Black can and Mardave 540 style motors.

www.pit-bitz.com
Simond001

Car: M05 pro / M03R
Motor: Black can
Speedo: Mtronics EECC.
Cells: 3600 Demons LiPo

Postby Brian Mills » Thu Aug 27, 2009 1:22 pm

To answer Keith's question first, I'm assuming that we will continue with Mini's although we won't know for sure until the committee meeting in a couple of weeks when a decision will be made.

As for the MO5 question it's the same answer really. Simond is almost right, because we do look at the overall picture with what other clubs allow (and nationally) to make for an easy transition from one club to another if drivers perhaps race at two (or more). However we haven't decided what will be permitted (assuming we do run mini's again) so I'm afraid I won't have a definitive answer until the committee meeting has taken place.

If anyone has a point of view about mini's (or anything else actually) they are as always most welcome to let me have their views to use at the committee meeting.

Thanks
Brian
brian@wkrcc.co.uk
Brian Mills

Postby Shawn Herrington » Thu Aug 27, 2009 6:10 pm

After last winters fine turnout I certainly hope we will see the Mini's again.

After all; Mini's are all I have these days....

Plus thinking out loud, Stu "The Mini Master" Colby might want to be making amends for the summers three championships West Kent White Wash of Eastbourne
;)
Last edited by Shawn Herrington on Thu Aug 27, 2009 7:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shawn Herrington

Car: Tamiya M03
Motor: MuchMore Clubman
Speedo: Mtroniks EECC
Cells: Lipo's!

Postby stuart colby » Thu Aug 27, 2009 7:41 pm

haha if only i completed a whole championship in the mini class it might have been a different story lol
stuart colby

Postby Shawn Herrington » Thu Aug 27, 2009 7:55 pm

hee hee.
I like the word might :lol:
Shawn Herrington

Car: Tamiya M03
Motor: MuchMore Clubman
Speedo: Mtroniks EECC
Cells: Lipo's!

Previous

Return to Public Chat