Round 9

General chat

Re: Round 9

Postby Simon Taylor » Thu Sep 24, 2009 8:02 pm

I'm all up for promoting it and letting the class grow. Hopefully it will bring more members in, I do feel there needs to be maybe 2 classes, ie an f1 and f2 so the beginners have something to aim for rather then being beaten by the quicker guys. Also you don't see many Formula 1 driver saying that they want to go race the clio cup class :D
I'm not an Alcoholic. I'm a Drunk, Alcoholics go to meetings
Simon Taylor

Car: Cyclone/Gen X10
Motor: Novak 13.5/ EA 17.5
Speedo: Tekin Rs Pro/ LRP Sphere
Cells: Trakpower 4900

Postby Simond001 » Fri Sep 25, 2009 9:44 am

I've got to say I totally agree with Shawn.

Promoting mini's as a beginner class / fun class is totally wrong. I accept that a beginner will be unlikely to win the championship, but as much joy can be brought from winning their first c or b final. A beginner would have the same chance of winning a TC trophy.

EECC had 24 mini's on the grid last week. One was a European champion and one runner up in the worlds (Marcus Askell and Darren Potter). It is bringing a good mix of new drivers and experienced driver to the races.

It is just another class. Promoting it as second rate to TC's isnt good for anyone. It is unfortunate that winter time constraints will reduce the number of entries allowed, but maybe the goal would be to get mini's in the winter, who will then race outside through the summer.

It's a shame we didnt consider the outlaw class at the beginning of the summer, I would have been up for that as I didnt want to ruin my good mini on the tennis court.

(And Schumacher raced in a fiat 500 last year in Madonna di Campiglio)

Regarding Sunday, i'd like to run my 4wd mini if allowed, but if not i'll do it in practice. Simon, i'll need your help as I have no idea how to set the Xray up. If you have a set up sheet it would be most welcome? Also, are you using lipo's / cells as I cant see how they will fit!
Part of the WKRCC taking Eastbourne by storm.

Sole supplier of the TCUK / EECC Mtroniks ESC for tamiya Black can and Mardave 540 style motors.

www.pit-bitz.com
Simond001

Car: M05 pro / M03R
Motor: Black can
Speedo: Mtronics EECC.
Cells: 3600 Demons LiPo

Postby James Brooker » Fri Sep 25, 2009 5:10 pm

Sounds like we've opened a whole can of worms, a mini can anyway :lol:

And just for the record we have had Mod tourers in the 13.5 finals indoors, and although the stock drivers complained it still went ahead.

As for Schumie driving a Fiat 500, he is retired, so are we now reffering to the Mini's as an OAP race :D
Work to live.....Don't live to work!

xbox gamer tag Bubbly Tubs
PS3 network id Bubbly_Tubs
James Brooker

Car: I've only gone an got a Mini!
Motor: .
Speedo: .
Cells: .

Postby Richard Hathaway » Fri Sep 25, 2009 6:13 pm

James, have you now taken over from Brian?
Richard Hathaway

Postby Brian Mills » Fri Sep 25, 2009 6:18 pm

No, he doesn't have the experience!!
Brian Mills

Postby Simon Taylor » Fri Sep 25, 2009 6:36 pm

Simond , to get the lipo to fit the xray you need to modify it's not too hard you just need to make up 2 shorter battery bars and need another set of battery post and it's job done. As for set up just set it up like a normal touring car, although mine is running better shocks on it. Hope that helps if you need more help i'll have mine there sunday. As for the mini debate I'd rather be the worst of the top class than the best of the lower class :D I can see this argument going on for a long time
I'm not an Alcoholic. I'm a Drunk, Alcoholics go to meetings
Simon Taylor

Car: Cyclone/Gen X10
Motor: Novak 13.5/ EA 17.5
Speedo: Tekin Rs Pro/ LRP Sphere
Cells: Trakpower 4900

Postby Shawn Herrington » Fri Sep 25, 2009 7:34 pm

James Brooker wrote:And just for the record we have had Mod tourers in the 13.5 finals indoors, and although the stock drivers complained it still went ahead.

Bingo (wings) ! :D

So you remember young jedi master. But can you remember who got the hump the most ? Huh? Huh? Huh? Can you? Huh? ;)
Shawn Herrington

Car: Tamiya M03
Motor: MuchMore Clubman
Speedo: Mtroniks EECC
Cells: Lipo's!

Postby stuart colby » Fri Sep 25, 2009 8:00 pm

this thread is well funny. minis are awsome, if you havent had a go of one then you really should cos they are so much fun, which by the way is the whole point we get up at the crack of dawn and trundle of to a race track somewhere (eecc lol) sometimes in the freezing cold chucking it down with rain (eecc wednesday night useally lol) and race our toy cars.

i go raceing not just for the playing with my car but to chat to everyone have a bit of banter play football in the feild with simond lol

if we hadnt started the m chassis at eastbourne we would have half the numbers we have now and alot of the new guys running minis progressed to touring cars aswell.

OPEN YOUR EYES AND SEE THE LIGHT minis are here and growing
stuart colby

Postby Brian Mills » Fri Sep 25, 2009 8:44 pm

Stuart has it dead right - FUN
Brian Mills

Postby Shawn Herrington » Fri Sep 25, 2009 11:19 pm

You don't need to remind me about having Fun.
We've been having that racing at EECC for the entire Summer; every Wednesday evening and Sunday, and to be honest I personally have never had so much of it whilst racing in all the years I've been doing it.

The Mini's are hard as nails and oh so satisfying when you can get them hopping on the limit for lap after lap, heading for the elusive 18 lap club :D

Any one of the A finalists can win and the slightest of errors can mean the difference between coming 1st and last as the cars lap so close together. Remember Rhys and Grant's brilliant battle in the final at round 9?
Imagine that with 8 or 9 cars.... :shock:

Eastbourne get this regularly, week after week and hopefully one day West Kent will see the same.
The more of these affordable cars we can have racing door handle to door handle the better as it will prove to any interested spectator you don't need to spend a fortune to achieve what they are looking for.
Close fair competitive racing, having fun with other *GEEKS on a Sunday morning.

* the wife's choice of words - not mine :roll: :)
Shawn Herrington

Car: Tamiya M03
Motor: MuchMore Clubman
Speedo: Mtroniks EECC
Cells: Lipo's!

PreviousNext

Return to Public Chat