Practice weight limit

General chat

Re: Practice weight limit

Postby Tim Fry » Sat Oct 24, 2009 4:14 pm

Ben

We origanally discussed dropping to 1450 just on a club level but there was a proposal for the BRCA AGM saying they want to reduce the weight limit to 1350 so we have held off announcing a weight.I have ballanced my car as best as possible at 1468 so even if it doesnt get passed at the AGM we probably will go with 1450 so I'll be fine anyway.
I wouldn't get too woried about the weight limit we will make our decision before round 1. Most normal drivers probably won't be bothered by the weight as they will just ballance their cars and that will be it.
Tim has gone to ............... the Darkside!!!
Tim Fry

Car: You'll have to wait and see
Motor: Vantage 10.5
Speedo: Novak GTB
Cells: Lipo

Postby Tim Fry » Sun Oct 25, 2009 10:01 pm

1350 got voted in today.
Tim Fry

Postby dis96 » Mon Oct 26, 2009 11:43 am

Myself and Stu did push and question the actual need for such a low limit, which was explained to us by the top guys. I think we could have got 1400 or maybe 1375 if we really wanted to push but your are right, the top guys really wanted 1350 and their arguments were well received by the room.

This has always been the trouble with the BRCA AGM, if you want a rule changed or passed, you just need the support of the majority, and in this case we are talking about top drivers wanting what they feel they need, so they got the job done. fair enough.

don't forget, again, the rule is only for nationals which are now 7.4 lipo only in both unlimited mod class, and 10.5 class, the rule changes can be implemented whenever the club likes, and it may well be that many winter series do not change anything until after their respective series.

Clubs can also set their own weight limits, and as long as advertised correctly, and maybe offering the loan of weights from the club to make up weight to new comers who don't usually run at that rate, things should be fine. Escpecially if the club rate was 1400 to 1450, as finding a temporary space for 50 to 100g isnt gonna be too much of a big deal what anyone says.
dis96

Postby Bosscat » Mon Oct 26, 2009 12:53 pm

Whats needed now then is for the clubs local to us Sidcup,West Kent, Maritime, Eastbourne & Sevenoaks to agree on what we we implement. The full drop to 1350 or some other setting 1400, or 1450, in my opinion we need to all be the same so that dirvers at one club are not having to add weight in order to race at one of the others.
Bosscat

Car: Zen Racing
Motor: Thunder 10.5
Speedo: Hobbywing
Cells: 1s Lipo

Postby terryh » Mon Oct 26, 2009 3:36 pm

In reality, not many drivers would be able to get down to 1350, certainly for me balancing my car is more important and I think most drivers will do the same, whatever that weight might be, so wouldn't it just be easier for Clubs to adopt the new 1350 limit, at least that way it's one less job for scrutineering.

Regardless of weight, the best drivers at each Club will still be the best, even if there car is 100gms heavier than the worst drivers, so, is it worth worrying about?
terryh

Car: ARC R10 2013
Motor: Revtech Killshot
Speedo: Hobbywing V3
Cells: Gens Ace

Postby Tim Fry » Mon Oct 26, 2009 8:27 pm

I think if we go with the 1350 like Terry says we wont have to worry about the weight. That way anyone who is visiting or racing in a championship that has a higher limit they wont have to worry about adding any weight.
Tim Fry

Postby dis96 » Wed Oct 28, 2009 11:27 am

it seems like most clubs are talking about this, and seemingly just falling in line with the 1350, and most from their next meeting...

no pressure... ;)
dis96

Postby BODYMOT » Wed Oct 28, 2009 1:45 pm

It’s happen so just have to live with it.
Clubs will have to fall in line with the new weight limit and most will, if you don’t then might put off people who race at other clubs. It’s not the end of the world. Remember it’s just the lower limit you don’t have to be spot on, taking fans off so you can reach it (some are already going this way and hoping for the best :lol: ). 100 to 150g won’t make much difference to us mere mortals.
:D
Member of T.M.F.F.R
You know when your getting old when can’t remember how old you are
And you can’t read this without squinting
BODYMOT

Car: Tamiya M05 and blue bits,
Motor: Hobbywing + Ansmann 21T
Speedo: Hobbywing + fusion podium 12T
Cells: lipo

Postby dis96 » Wed Oct 28, 2009 2:22 pm

exactly... but poor ol timh is already on a diet... lol