Round 1 Winter

General chat

Round 1 Winter

Postby Brian Mills » Sun Nov 08, 2009 4:22 pm

That seemed to go okay today - no big hiccups apart from the footballers who had also booked the changing rooms! Fortunately with a little compromise here and there we were all able to continue. Amazing how quick the "quick guys" are in stock! Good to see a dozen mini's and half a dozen GT's which hopefully will increase in time.
Thanks to everyone who helped out setting up and clearing away and thanks to Steve and Dan for scrutineering etc. Another excellent track.
Also good to see John and Mike Hare are on the mend.
Thanks Brian
Brian Mills

Re: Round 1 Winter

Postby Shawn Herrington » Sun Nov 08, 2009 5:37 pm

Agreed - another fine WKRCC production :D

The Gt's are getting quicker all the time and there were at least another 3 drivers watching from the sidelines carrying out some pre-race surveillance. If we include our little Timmy that's four.

The Tamiya M-Chassis Cup was a rather enjoyable experience from my point of view after some of the South's Top Mini racers mananaged to get themselves out of bed on a cold and wet Sunday morning to attend the West Kent 'support race'.
Hasten to say 2 of the 3 beat me; but you have to say it was a fair and close thrashing :roll:
Even with some slower cars on the grid they were very aware of who was coming up behind and moved to one side nicely without hindering their own race too much.

The Touring Car A final proved to be a fraught, crash'em bash'em affair don't you think.
Last edited by Shawn Herrington on Tue Nov 10, 2009 7:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Shawn Herrington

Car: Tamiya M03
Motor: MuchMore Clubman
Speedo: Mtroniks EECC
Cells: Lipo's!

Postby Bosscat » Sun Nov 08, 2009 7:45 pm

A good mornings racing and I may say a lesson in just how fast a mini can travel!!
Have to say though it was good that at 11 when Brian called for the 2min silence you could have heard a pin drop inthe hall, speaking as one who is an"Army Bratt" and has a close relative serving in the front line at the moment it was nice to see due respect being shown ( as it is every year at WKRCC).
Bosscat

Car: Zen Racing
Motor: Thunder 10.5
Speedo: Hobbywing
Cells: 1s Lipo

Postby stuart colby » Sun Nov 08, 2009 7:55 pm

minis were great how can you call it a surport race shawn you traitor :lol: . not sure about this team riddal thing whats that all about. heat one and one persons driveing the mini heat 2 someone else is cant see that as very fair on people that are being out quliyfied by them.

as for touring cars driveing standards from a bystanders view was awfull dont think ill be running tc at west kent if that was the way you race.
stuart colby

Postby James Brooker » Sun Nov 08, 2009 8:13 pm

You've raced tourers with us before Stu and there wern't any problems. Just think it was a mix of damn quick cars and a fast layout not allowing for much easy overtaking. Maybe a few guys getting a bit over excited and making moves that are never going to stick, but as they say rubbings racing!

The world GTs are looking tempting, and are about the same price as the new speedo i'll need to be competetive in the all new and damn fast Stock class.
Work to live.....Don't live to work!

xbox gamer tag Bubbly Tubs
PS3 network id Bubbly_Tubs
James Brooker

Car: I've only gone an got a Mini!
Motor: .
Speedo: .
Cells: .

Postby Shawn Herrington » Sun Nov 08, 2009 8:50 pm

stuart colby wrote:minis were great how can you call it a surport race shawn you traitor :lol:

I've been brainwashed Stu :oops:
I tend let the low expense, close competitive racing do the talking these days and personally I do prefer them to Touring Cars.

Grant and Luke share their Mini because they both run a Touring Car each. The turn around between heats can be quite short, particularly in the Summer months and if it keeps a Mini running then I don't have a problem with it.
Last edited by Shawn Herrington on Tue Nov 10, 2009 5:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shawn Herrington

Motor: MuchMore Clubman
Speedo: Mtroniks EECC
Cells: Lipo's!

Postby Dan Hamblin » Sun Nov 08, 2009 8:58 pm

Support race my derriere - the Mini's just have a different style to touring cars. It is still intense racing but hopefully at a lower cost and much closer at the top.

Regards,

Dan
Last edited by Dan Hamblin on Sun Nov 08, 2009 10:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If at first you don't succeed - destroy all evidence that you tried! :D
Dan Hamblin

Motor: Ansmann 23t
Speedo: Tamiya black thing
Cells: LiPo 3200mAh

Postby Shawn Herrington » Sun Nov 08, 2009 9:07 pm

:shock: :lol:

Blimey Dan. Whose rattled your cage.
Shawn Herrington