Round 1 Winter

General chat

Re: Round 1 Winter

Postby James Brooker » Sun Nov 08, 2009 9:41 pm

Correct that, i've done the points, but i think Dave needs to update the site or something?
Work to live.....Don't live to work!

xbox gamer tag Bubbly Tubs
PS3 network id Bubbly_Tubs
James Brooker

Car: I've only gone an got a Mini!
Motor: .
Speedo: .
Cells: .

Postby walden » Sun Nov 08, 2009 10:14 pm

excellent to be back at WKRCC for another great winter championship but my day went totally belly up from the start after travling down from home and setting my stuff up I then noticed i had forgot my Tranny :oops: Doh! :roll: Doh!

C u all at trackside at the next round
walden

Car: TC5R Exotek Chassis
Motor: 13.5/17.5
Speedo: Orca VC4 Pro
Cells: LIPO

Postby dis96 » Mon Nov 09, 2009 11:22 am

James, Brian, might be worth having a look at the RC Timing website, new version of the software out, you might be able to get it free if you purchased in the last few years, or its £50, but one of the new features is the championship export facility, might save you some typing if it comes out in a nice format for Dave. worth a look

racing... OK... ;)
dis96

Postby daveygravy » Mon Nov 09, 2009 1:34 pm

James Brooker wrote:Correct that, i've done the points, but i think Dave needs to update the site or something?

Yep, it was still set to display the old champ. Everything, times 'n'all should be up, and times from practice meet.
daveygravy

Full Name: David Mills
Car: 12R5.1
Motor: Reedy
Speedo: Hobbywing
Cells: Nosram

Postby timmay » Mon Nov 09, 2009 5:47 pm

how are the points awarded???
im sure i finished 7th but am joint 8th :?
timmay

Car: team magic e4rs 09
Motor: gm
Speedo: gm
Cells: gm

Postby Tim Fry » Mon Nov 09, 2009 8:41 pm

timmay wrote:how are the points awarded???
im sure i finished 7th but am joint 8th :?

Points are awarded for your qualifying position after the heats, meaning the top qualifier gets 150 points (plus 1 for fastest time) second place gets 149, third place gets 148 and so on down the list.

In the finals the winner of the ‘A’ final gets 150 points, second place 149 and so on all the way down through the finals to the last person in the bottom final.

Hope that helps ;)
Tim has gone to ............... the Darkside!!!
Tim Fry

Car: You'll have to wait and see
Motor: Vantage 10.5
Speedo: Novak GTB
Cells: Lipo

Postby Grant Riddall » Mon Nov 09, 2009 9:27 pm

Hi Stuart, cannot really see what the problem is with me and my Son running the same car, infact its a bit of a disadvantage. Normally you improve your times over three rounds but we do not get that. Luke and I are about the same speed with the mini so if we both ran our own cars the people we out qualified would be further down the grid. At the end of the day we both enjoy racing mini's, we only have one car, so we share it.
Grant Riddall

Car: cyclone
Motor: novak
Speedo: novak gtb
Cells: trakpower

Postby Brian Mills » Tue Nov 10, 2009 3:10 pm

Having read some of the above comments I thought I would add my own, which may or may not reflect the views of the rest of the committee.

I think if anyone comes racing with the idea that winning is the most important (and only) thing, then perhaps they are racing at the wrong club. Of course it goes almost without saying that everyone wants to do as well as they can (and if you win a race then that's a bonus), but if winning is all that matters to some drivers, then they have missed out on an awful lot. There are a huge number of our members who KNOW that they will never be top dog but that doesn't matter one bit to them. They come for a host of other reasons, but in general because they enjoy racing (and watching the fast guys), having a bit of banter (possibly even with Race Control) and the general camaraderie of being involved in an enjoyable passtime with other like minded people irrespective of the eventual outcome.

West Kent has always prided itself on the fact that we are a family club and as such we encourage Father/Son and Grandfather/Son combinations or indeed whatever mixture of relations you care to bring along. The fact that families are racing together is a commendable thing and is immeasurably more important than something as trivial as to whether they share a car or not.

Yes, it is nice to win but the taking part, in the spirit that is intended, is (I think) probably much more important.
Brian Mills

Postby Simon Taylor » Tue Nov 10, 2009 5:30 pm

WELL SAID BRIAN

I know i will always be slow but as long as i have fun i don't care
I'm not an Alcoholic. I'm a Drunk, Alcoholics go to meetings
Simon Taylor

Car: Cyclone/Gen X10
Motor: Novak 13.5/ EA 17.5
Speedo: Tekin Rs Pro/ LRP Sphere
Cells: Trakpower 4900

Postby Tim Fry » Tue Nov 10, 2009 7:35 pm

It also doesnt help that there are some really fast guys in the A final and in a class like 13.5 its so close and every second counts.
Tim has gone to ............... the Darkside!!!
Tim Fry

Car: You'll have to wait and see
Motor: Vantage 10.5
Speedo: Novak GTB
Cells: Lipo

PreviousNext

Return to Public Chat