Round 2 - Winter

General chat

Re: Round 2 - Winter

Postby Brian Mills » Sat Nov 21, 2009 10:30 am

As I can't see a post from Ian, can I remind you that the footballers are using the changing rooms this meeting. However the fitness studio (which has doors through to the hall) is available to us and apparently the school is hoping to provide a few extra tables and chairs. There is also some space in the entrance hall and as usual in the regular pitting area at the end of the track. It may be wise to bring a folding chair if you have one.

Because of the expected numbers tomorrow there MAY be seven heats. To fit this into the time frame, the break between heats will be only two minutes so a quick turn round is needed. Drivers do not need to return to the pits - just put your car and transmitter on the scrutineering table and go out to marshal. Please wear your tabbard so we can see at a glance that you are there. Depending on time constraints practice at the start of the meeting may be limited.
As per the rules, penalties will be applied for late marshalling and poor driving.

Thank you for your co-operation.
Brian
Brian Mills

Postby Quincy » Sat Nov 21, 2009 4:50 pm

What tyres do you guys use?

Never been down to WKRCC before, so assume it's all good to just turn up.
Quincy

Car: Schumacher
Motor: GM
Speedo: Speed Passion
Cells: Demon

Postby Brian Mills » Sat Nov 21, 2009 4:55 pm

Hi Quincey,

Sorex or similar seem to work OK.

It depends what class you plan to do. If you take a look on the front page and click the pink booking button you can see we're almost full. You're always welcome to just turn up and pay but unfortunately that doesn't guarantee a place.
Brian Mills

Postby Tim Fry » Sat Nov 21, 2009 5:45 pm

Quincy wrote:What tyres do you guys use?

Never been down to WKRCC before, so assume it's all good to just turn up.

Sorex 28s with JB insert are the current favourites
Tim has gone to ............... the Darkside!!!
Tim Fry

Car: You'll have to wait and see
Motor: Vantage 10.5
Speedo: Novak GTB
Cells: Lipo

Postby Dan Hamblin » Sun Nov 22, 2009 3:44 pm

Excellent track today I thought - fast and flowing. Mini's were fun as well :)

Regards,

Dan
If at first you don't succeed - destroy all evidence that you tried! :D
Dan Hamblin

Car: Tamiya M03
Motor: Ansmann 23t
Speedo: Tamiya black thing
Cells: LiPo 3200mAh

Postby Brian Mills » Sun Nov 22, 2009 3:54 pm

Well, that seemed to go reasonably well. One or two minor hiccups (like Tim getting caught in some flyaway tape - sorry Tim) but other than that it seemed to run quite smoothly with us getting through the seven heats pretty much on time. Everyone made an effort and was out on their marshall points ready to start after only a 2 minute break.

Ian Fletcher made the (valid) point that if we run WGT's first then they ought to go out to practice first, which makes sense.

I would like to thank everyone who helped get the carpet and track out and ready, and those who helped clear away, some of whom had a long trip back to Eastbourne or West Wickham. It makes things so much quicker if everyone picks up a couple of pieces of track and takes them out to the shed.

On the subject of pitting I think the fitness studio is actually far better than the changing rooms and hopefully we can carry on and us it - so much for the footballers turning up!

Thanks again to everyone.
Brian
Brian Mills

Postby BODYMOT » Sun Nov 22, 2009 4:31 pm

Really enjoyed today. The fitness studio like Brian said is actually far better than the changing rooms,
you could tell Brian loved the mirrors in there because he keep coming in to check his hair peace was on straight :lol: .
Loved the track and thought the driving (what I saw) was good all-round, people moving over for faster drivers
and waiting if they did take someone out by mistake, well done West Kent look forward to next round.
All the Best
Ben (shut that door) :D
Member of T.M.F.F.R
You know when your getting old when can’t remember how old you are
And you can’t read this without squinting
BODYMOT

Car: Tamiya M05 and blue bits,
Motor: Hobbywing + Ansmann 21T
Speedo: Hobbywing + fusion podium 12T
Cells: lipo

Postby dis96 » Sun Nov 22, 2009 5:01 pm

another good day, thought the fitness studio was good, and i hear the suggestion of moving the track down the other end of the hall, with the hall pitting at the fitness studio end, which sounds like everyone will be nearly pitting together, sounds good.

just one thing, i think the pa was a little loud in the fitness studio, probably going to be quite difficult to get the right level, but though i'd mention it...

and just so you all knew, the bits of pipe that i piled up by the door, i put a bit of velcro on the bottom of each to denote the ones i moved... LOL ;)
dis96

Postby crazybrit123 » Sun Nov 22, 2009 7:31 pm

Hi All,
All todays Finals are now on the youtube site.
Just go onto the Youtube site then type in......"West Kent A, B, C or D Final 22nd Nov 2009" or "West Kent GT10 Final 22nd Nov 2009" or "West Kent Mini A or B Final 22nd Nov2009" and that should get you the Final you want to see.
Sorry but the A 13.5 Final is only 4 mins 15sec as the tape ran out.....DOH......
I think the idea of putting the pits down the studo end is a great one. It will stop us all having to get past the rostrum to see the results and get our cars ect....
Cheers Andy
crazybrit123

Postby James Brooker » Sun Nov 22, 2009 9:27 pm

Points are up, including a couple of spelling corrections.

Hope you all have a good few meets without me and i'll see you in Feb :cry:
Work to live.....Don't live to work!

xbox gamer tag Bubbly Tubs
PS3 network id Bubbly_Tubs
James Brooker

Car: I've only gone an got a Mini!
Motor: .
Speedo: .
Cells: .

PreviousNext

Return to Public Chat