I'm not an Alcoholic. I'm a Drunk, Alcoholics go to meetings
Simon Taylor

Car: Cyclone/Gen X10
Motor: Novak 13.5/ EA 17.5
Speedo: Tekin Rs Pro/ LRP Sphere
Cells: Trakpower 4900

Re: Round 10

Postby Bosscat » Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:08 am

track was very good just a shame the car broke.

Any chance of the times for rounds 9 and 10 being available??
Bosscat

Car: Zen Racing
Motor: Thunder 10.5
Speedo: Hobbywing
Cells: 1s Lipo

Postby daveygravy » Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:58 am

Bosscat wrote:track was very good just a shame the car broke.

I forgot to pick up my memory stick with them on so it'll depend if it made it's way home with someone or if it's in the store...
daveygravy

Full Name: David Mills
Car: 12R5.1
Motor: Reedy
Cells: Nosram

Postby crazybrit123 » Mon Sep 10, 2012 6:12 pm

Hi racers,
Vids from Round 10 below.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3BNPFqOX_0
Mini A
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a9AL-x2gd4A
12th A
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OPmeWzFylh4
Mini B
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MdccP6qU7oQ
Mini C

That's it from me for the Summer Championship, can't make the last round. (Some might say hooray!…….).
Thanks to all the racers that made the drive so enjoyable. I hope to pop in from time to time over the Winter Champs. I will be trying some new venues over the Winter so it will be limited.
I would also like to thank the Committee (and hangers on), most of whom get there early to lay the track out. And to those that bother to stay and put the track away at the end, again THANK YOU.
Racers, if you only knew the massive amount of work that goes into getting you all (and I include myself in this) racing on a Sunday morning. It just doesn't happen by magic.
They get NOTHING for doing this.
As I have said, you have to include the putting it away. If this is not done properly, the school would throw us out and the carpet would be ruined in a short time.
Let me tell you, it gets so gutting to have to do this every week. But they do it, for you all. An offer to help occasionally, from everyone, but especially from the 'A' finalists, would be appreciated.
A little help at the start and the end would make it so much better.
The Club as a lot of momentum at the moment. With the up and coming 12th National and the Fabulous new rostrum, things are getting better and better. KEEP IT UP West Kent.
Cheers for now and as always, Remember………..
"Enjoy the Drive"
crazybrit123

Postby daveygravy » Tue Sep 11, 2012 11:16 am

Dave Mills wrote:
Bosscat wrote:track was very good just a shame the car broke.

I forgot to pick up my memory stick with them on so it'll depend if it made it's way home with someone or if it's in the store...

Times are now up for 9 and 10.

Congrats to Andy for winning the Minis F1 champ - he now can't be caught. We've had some close racing this season and it's been great fun. The racing has been fair and an absolute pleasure to take part in.

David
daveygravy

Full Name: David Mills
Car: 12R5.1
Motor: Reedy
Cells: Nosram

Postby crazybrit123 » Tue Sep 11, 2012 4:15 pm

Thanks for your kind words Dave.
It takes two or more to make a championship. Your car and your driving has done just that. You are a true Gentelmen Racer.
As for Jevron he has come to the fore and made it even more interesting. Well done Jevron.
Here's something for you Dave, if you pole and win the last round it would mean you only loose by 1 point.
If you do that, let's call it a draw.
I have loved the racing and maybe that might be a nice way to finish it.
It's up to you.............Go on you know you want to.
Could make the last round interesting.
crazybrit123

Postby SpiderBoy » Tue Sep 11, 2012 6:32 pm

Well done Andy! You got off to a flying start this season but I think me a Dave gave you a run for your money :p And well done Dave on 2nd place, probably the most consistant driver of the season. Some of the closest and most exciting racing I've done in a while :D.

Keep being tempted to get a 12th but the Mini's are still so much fun I think I will be sticking with them for a while yet.

As usual big thanks for everyone who runs/helps run things, sorry I don't always get to help put things away but I try to do my bit :oops:

Just looked at the calender and looks like there is a month break between summer and winter champs. Does this mean no racing at all or are there some none champ rounds?

Cheers, Jev
SpiderBoy

Car: TC4/TT01
Motor: Novak Brushless
Speedo: Novak

Postby terryh » Tue Sep 11, 2012 8:49 pm

Hi Dave

Did you know that the round 10 12th A final is displaying the B final results?

Andy

Going to miss you being there over the winter, especially as I think watching your video's has helped me so much with my racing, as I'm sure it has for many others, so I big thank you for that. For my part, I will be making racing at West Kent my priority over the winter as I feel 12th will be very well supported.

Looking forward to the last round of the summer first though :)
terryh

Car: ARC R10 2013
Motor: Revtech Killshot
Speedo: Hobbywing V3
Cells: Gens Ace

Postby kayotic » Tue Sep 11, 2012 9:43 pm

Sunday was the first time I've ever raced and I'd just like to thank everyone that made it an enjoyable experience, especially to those who spared me some time to share tips and help me find my feet - I have a lot to learn not least of which would appear to be driving in a straight line at speed (thanks to the video for that tip).

I can't make the round 11, but I will be back for the winter series in October to start my apprenticeship proper.

Thanks again to one and all.

Eddie
kayotic

Full Name: Eddie Conba
Car: M05
Motor: Silver can
Speedo: Mtronix
Cells: Vapex Lipo 3300mAh

Postby dazzzza » Wed Sep 12, 2012 4:18 pm

Hi Guys
Sorry i missed the last round but work .....
Thanks Andy for the videos all year they have been great , so helpful and fun to watch. Good luck in the winter with your racing away and hope to see you back in the spring.
See you guys next meeting.
Darren
dazzzza

Car: xray
Motor: hobbywing
Speedo: hobbywing
Cells: IE

Next

Return to Public Chat