12th National

General chat

12th National

Postby dis96 » Sun Apr 21, 2013 8:39 pm

Well done west Kent, brilliant 12th national, thanks for deciding go for it and host the national, I think everyone was impressed with the venue and you guys did a great job with the track and everything else you had to manage.

Well done the Eastbourne burger wagon crew, great looking food and good service all weekend with well priced food and drinks.

From an Eastbourne electric car club perspective, thanks to WKRCC for giving us the opportunity to help out with the food, it was great to see a club willing to help out another club, and a club happy to accept help from another club if you see what I mean.

Great weekend.
dis96

Re: 12th National

Postby Brian Mills » Sun Apr 21, 2013 9:09 pm

Thanks Darren,

Yes I agree the food was excellent!!
John and the crew (apologies to the two young ladies whose names I can't remember) provided simply fantastic service. Early hot sausage and bacon rolls.
Sandwiches and bagettes at lunch time, and the coffee and walnut cake was superb. Plus of course all the other goodies with tea, coffee and other drinks all day long. It was really a great job that they did, and with what I would call very competative prices. Many thanks to them.

Well, it was certainly a lot of work but we feel that it went well. It was certainly a learning curve for us but I hope we coped with it. I think we have learned from it and should we get the chance to do it again then I hope we can only improve. Many thanks to all the WKRCC committee who gave up their weekend and to those who helped set up and clear away. My own thanks to Terry Holmes who did a sterling job during the clearing up phase.

Thanks to the guys from the BRCA who guided us where we needed it, and of course Stewart who ran the show.

Nice bunch of people who race 1/12th - I hope we get to meet you all again.

Regards

Brian Mills
Chairman
WKRCC
Brian Mills

Postby Bosscat » Mon Apr 22, 2013 4:55 am

Guys,
It was quite simply a triumph.
Not racing for the day I circulated around the place and all I heard was what a great track, what a great venue, so well organised, not once did I hear anything to the contrary.
Well done all and here's to next year.

Now about racing GT12's on a Sunday!!!!!!! ;)

Keith.
Bosscat

Car: Zen Racing
Motor: Thunder 10.5
Speedo: Hobbywing
Cells: 1s Lipo

Postby wookie » Mon Apr 22, 2013 8:16 am

Excellent weekend well done to all, hope you apply for next seasons national
wookie

Car: doris
Motor: dynamite
Speedo: 1 s
Cells: lipo

Postby Tim Fry » Mon Apr 22, 2013 7:43 pm

I have to agree with Brian it was very hard work but it was a great day. Everyone was friendly and the food was excellent.
Tim has gone to ............... the Darkside!!!
Tim Fry

Car: You'll have to wait and see
Motor: Vantage 10.5
Speedo: Novak GTB
Cells: Lipo

Postby THancock » Mon Apr 22, 2013 8:13 pm

I think you guys did a fantastic job. I heard nothing but compliments about the track, both the layout and the quality of the markings and more importantly, the quality of the taping down. I think you've managed to elevate the status of the club to the very highest levels with what you all did. I feel very lucky to have you as one of my local clubs :)
THancock

Postby Dan Hamblin » Mon Apr 22, 2013 8:59 pm

My knees haven't fully recovered from crawling over the tape on Friday night with a wooden track joiner trying to make sure it was as flat as possible on the racing line! Mind you Tim, Si, Dave, Grant et al made sure the carpet was flat and tacked down in the right places, which is half the battle won, and Ian has tweaked the tape layer so that it is even more effective. Oh, and we've got the gap between the carpet rolls right as well :)

It was a very enjoyable meeting and the BRCA team were very helpful in making sure we got stuff right. Watching the A Final on Sunday evening was pretty spectacular, especially the quick changes of direction that 1/12th cars are capable of at high speed.

I'll also echo the thanks to Terry Holmes for staying behind and helping clean the hall up in addition to the committee and Dad, also the Eastbourne crew for doing food on both days. Looks like the football match on Saturday was a bonus!

Regards,

Dan
If at first you don't succeed - destroy all evidence that you tried! :D
Dan Hamblin

Car: Tamiya M03
Motor: Ansmann 23t
Speedo: Tamiya black thing
Cells: LiPo 3200mAh

Postby terryh » Mon Apr 22, 2013 9:41 pm

To say I was 'blown away' by the spectacular weekend you guys made for everyone would be an understatement, although I shouldn't be, every club meet you give us has the same level of commitent and energy, thank you West Kent, your all stars. Brian, Dan, thanks for your comments, but it was very little compared to what you have all done, so you are very welcome, it was a pleasure.

As Keith has already said, listening to the banter in the pits and talking to many racers, everyone loved the event, the track layout (Grant always does a great job :) ), friendly, helpfull, food....brilliant job :)

I was beginning to lose my enthusiasm for racing and seriously considering packing up......not now, I cant wait to get out there again, and thats entirely down to having enjoyed myself so much this weekend, Chris O'Donoghue has also to take a bit of credit here for finally getting me to try racing mod.....wow, how fast is that! Loved it :D

I cant make the first meeting in May but will hopefully be down for the next.

Once again, thank you guys.

Terry
terryh

Car: ARC R10 2013
Motor: Revtech Killshot
Speedo: Hobbywing V3
Cells: Gens Ace

Return to Public Chat