12th National

General chat

Re: 12th National

Postby rcboy1972lee » Fri Jul 05, 2013 4:10 pm

Are there any other Halls of suitable size to stage the event in the tonbridge area?
rcboy1972lee

Car: 10r5,12r5
Motor: novak,lrp,GM,speed passion
Speedo: teamwave/BD,hobbywing
Cells: LRP

Postby Brian Mills » Sat Jul 06, 2013 6:47 pm

Hi Lee,

There may be but that isn't really an option for us.
It took a very long time to set everything up for the last national. If we had to move everthing (track, carpet, tables, chairs etc etc.....) then it would just become logistically impossible.

We decided at the committee meeting, as Dan has already mentioned, that if quality would need to be compromised then we would simply not take part.
Having run what was, I think, a good meeting earlier this year then to cobble together something second rate would be quite simply wrong.
Very sad because we were all in agreement that we would like to host another national.

Regards
Brian
Brian Mills

Postby rcboy1972lee » Tue Jul 09, 2013 7:57 pm

Hi Brian,

It's a real shame that can't be done. What about changing layout slightly maybe move scrutineering table and race control to by the side of the rostrum so pitting could be run down that wall and also how much room is there up by the other set of doors at other end of hall or even scacrifice to a smaller track to get pitting space also the layout in the classroom could be alittle better to accommodate more people and then you could may e use the hall way where the food wagon was set up and have them outside in burger wagon or something.
Just few ideas which I'm sure you guys would have thought of sorry if offend anyone with surgestions

Lee
rcboy1972lee

Postby Brian Mills » Fri Jul 12, 2013 9:18 pm

Hi Lee,

Valid suggestions but we decided that the space we need for pitting can't be found anywhere in the sports hall, even using the changing rooms and the entrance halls. It would mean reducing the quality to something that we wouldn't be satisfied with.

Regards
Brian
Brian Mills

Postby Brian Mills » Sun Jul 14, 2013 1:26 pm

Lee et al,

Have been looking at options with the caretaker today, and measuring things up to see if we can come up with an alternative solution.

Regards
Brian
Brian Mills

Postby THancock » Sun Jul 14, 2013 6:42 pm

Brian Mills wrote:Lee et al,

Have been looking at options with the caretaker today, and measuring things up to see if we can come up with an alternative solution.

Regards
Brian

Oh Brian! Now I'm going to be all overexcited, awaiting for the final news. I have everything crossed for you.
THancock

Postby Brian Mills » Tue Jul 16, 2013 1:59 pm

I'll try not to form a mental picture of that!!!
Brian Mills

Postby rcboy1972lee » Wed Jul 17, 2013 7:26 am

That's good to hear Brian really hope something can be worked out was fantastic meeting last year and long may they continue
rcboy1972lee

Previous

Return to Public Chat