Problem with esc

General chat

Problem with esc

Postby jamest » Thu Aug 29, 2013 8:55 pm

Hi all, after a bit of help. i have an Annsman Sirius 12 esc in my m03, but it's not working properly. When I apply full power straight off, nothing happens for a about a second before full power kicks in. If I apply the power gradually, it works fine. Anyone got any ideas as to how I can rectify it? I've already re-calibrated it, but no joy. Ta muchy, Pete (aka one-time James' grease monkey, now (slow) driver!) :D
If at first you don't suceed, try a couple more times then give up; there's no use in making a complete fool of yourself!
jamest

Car: M-03M
Motor: Tamiya Silver Can
Speedo: Eastbourne thingy
Cells: Lipo 3250mAh

Re: Problem with esc

Postby taxman » Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:59 pm

Hi Pete
are you using lipo,if so try a nicad/nimh/or visa versa, sounds like a voltage/power draw problem,or bec voltage,also check all connectors/soldered joints.also i would check the trim on transmitter,
hope this helps
Tony
taxman

Full Name: Tony Batchelor
Car: Tamiya M06
Motor: 13t
Speedo: hobbywing 35A
Cells: lipo zippy 4000

Postby daveygravy » Sat Aug 31, 2013 1:26 pm

Sounds a bit like everything is reversed so it's effectively in reverse when you're going forward if that makes sense. That sort of delay is normally present when reverse is 'engaged' on an ESC. Has the speedo got any LEDs to show status? Sometimes they'll show a different colour when in reverse.

David
daveygravy

Full Name: David Mills
Car: 12R5.1
Motor: Reedy
Speedo: Hobbywing
Cells: Nosram

Postby jamest » Sun Sep 01, 2013 3:39 pm

Thanks both :D Doesn't seem to be the batteries. Connections all appear OK. Trim is in centre. The forwards throttle is proportional - when it works. Reverse is much slower and cuts in after the braking. When esc is switched on, red & green leds flash alternately for a few secs, then both stay solid. When throttle is applied leds go out, until full throttle is reached, when green led comes on. When in reverse, no leds come on. If it is 'in reverse', how do I correct it?
Ta muchy

Pete
If at first you don't suceed, try a couple more times then give up; there's no use in making a complete fool of yourself!
jamest

Postby taxman » Sun Sep 01, 2013 6:54 pm

Hi Pete found the below on the net looks like someone els had the same sort of problem,this was the answer stated
hope it helps

"1- Press your ESC setup button while the Led's are flashing. When the button is pressed, the neutral setting will be stored.
2- the Green Led will now light, showing that the ESC is ready to accept the full forward speed setting
3- now press the trigger control to where you want full forward to be
4- now move the trigger back to the neutral position, and the ESC will store the full forward setting
5- the Red Led will now light showing that it's ready to accept your brake/full reverse setting.
6- move the trigger to full reverse/brake
7- move the trigger back to neutral, and the ESC is all set up.

You may of done this process pressing the trigger in reverse for the fwd setting, and vice versa.

Your ESC appears to working properly otherwise.
"
taxman

Postby jamest » Sun Sep 01, 2013 9:19 pm

Thanks Tony. I've set the esc that way twice now. I've also fine set it so that there's no delay for the reverse and 0% initial braking. Still no joy. I've also downloaded the manual for the esc too, but that doesn't contain any troubleshooting hints/tips.
Pete
jamest

Postby taxman » Mon Sep 02, 2013 8:53 am

Hi Pete

Have u tried plugging your esc into james car to eliminate the possibilty of a bad reciever?
taxman

Postby taxman » Mon Sep 02, 2013 11:25 am

Hi Pete
I do have a spare tamiya TEU-104BK esc I could lend you for a while ,it has deans connector on the battery side at the moment,just let me know if you want me to bring it to the next meet..
taxman

Postby jamest » Tue Sep 03, 2013 11:45 am

Many thanks for offer Tony, but I have tamiya connectors all round. I'll persevere with the set up at present; it's not as if I'm challenging anyone :D . I've popped an email to Mtoniks (who make the esc), I'll see what they come back with.
Pete
jamest

Postby jamest » Thu Sep 12, 2013 6:45 pm

I'm back! Got new Rx, popped it in, bound it . . . still same problem :( . Anyone got any more ideas? Could it be the Tx? Help!
Pete
jamest

Next

Return to Public Chat