PT

General chat

PT

Postby jamest » Tue Dec 10, 2013 12:07 pm

Okay, so I'm after a PT for James' car, but his Rx only has three slots - one for the power (esc doesn't have a BEC) and two for the outputs, which are obviously in use (doesn't seem like it at times :lol: ) Can I get a PT that is self powered, rechargeable? If so where from? Or can I use something like a Y lead to split the power from one of the Rx sockets? If so, where from and which socket do I use? HELP!
Pete
If at first you don't suceed, try a couple more times then give up; there's no use in making a complete fool of yourself!
jamest

Car: M-03M
Motor: Tamiya Silver Can
Speedo: Eastbourne thingy
Cells: Lipo 3250mAh

Re: PT

Postby crazybrit123 » Tue Dec 10, 2013 2:07 pm

You can get a splitter. A lead that has one plug to go into the receiver and then has two plugs for you to put your original plug into and then the spare for the transponder.
Something like the below, will cost you about £2.50-2.70 free post from good old eBay.
Futaba 300mm Servo Y Lead Splitter.
Hope this helps.
crazybrit123

Postby jamest » Tue Dec 10, 2013 5:41 pm

Thanks for that. Does it matter which socket it's used in? Could it go in the battery socket? Reason I ask is I had another thought - replace the esc with a Bec enabled one, then plug the pt into the batt socket. Would that work?
If at first you don't suceed, try a couple more times then give up; there's no use in making a complete fool of yourself!
jamest

Postby crazybrit123 » Tue Dec 10, 2013 8:31 pm

Pretty sure it doesn't matter.
As long as the steering and speedo ones go in the right place then I think you can just fill your boots.
crazybrit123

Postby taxman » Tue Dec 10, 2013 8:40 pm

Hi Pete

Maybe selling one of my lrp competition esc I have 2 but not sure which one to keep ,are u down this sunday?
taxman

Full Name: Tony Batchelor
Car: Tamiya M06
Motor: 13t
Speedo: hobbywing 35A
Cells: lipo zippy 4000

Postby jamest » Tue Dec 10, 2013 10:52 pm

Hi Tony, we should be there on Sunday - so long as my tyres are inflated :D . Do your esc's have a Bec? Could be interested. Pete
jamest

Postby taxman » Wed Dec 11, 2013 11:43 am

Hi Pete

the one I might be selling is the one I just bought last month for the red mini,(which is now offically stripped down into spare parts never to see the light of day again as it never bloody does what its told)..its an LRP competitian quantum 2.which would be perfect for his mini, currently has deans connectors on the battery and motor,but this would be a perfect time for him to swap over to deans plugs .it is in the car I will be running sunday so you can see it working and I could take it out at the end of the meeting for him, as its for him I could let it go for £25 and I will throw in some deans plugs as well..let me know if your interested
taxman

Postby jamest » Wed Dec 11, 2013 5:52 pm

Tony, I'll see you Sunday.
Pete
jamest

Postby taxman » Sun Dec 15, 2013 5:18 pm

Hi Pete

Had a really good day today with the m06 before it broke, so decided to go F1 for the next race, as its xmas and feeling in a really good mood, Im happy to donate my LRP esc to James racing kit for free if he wants it, just let me know if he wants it and I will bring it down to jans meeting for him...

HAPPY XMAS
Tony
taxman

Return to Public Chat