Replacement diff for M-03

General chat

Replacement diff for M-03

Postby jamest » Wed Dec 18, 2013 10:13 pm

Right hot on the heels of my PT query, here's one for a new diff for James' M03. The standard diff that he has is busted :x , that's why he couldn't race beyond the second heat. So the question is do we go for a straight replacement or do we go for a ball diif - I hear that the T03 diff will fit without modification? Any opinions.
Ta
Pete
If at first you don't suceed, try a couple more times then give up; there's no use in making a complete fool of yourself!
jamest

Car: M-03M
Motor: Tamiya Silver Can
Speedo: Eastbourne thingy
Cells: Lipo 3250mAh

Re: Replacement diff for M-03

Postby Tim Fry » Wed Dec 18, 2013 11:07 pm

Ball diff is perfect
Tim has gone to ............... the Darkside!!!
Tim Fry

Car: You'll have to wait and see
Motor: Vantage 10.5
Speedo: Novak GTB
Cells: Lipo

Postby taxman » Thu Dec 19, 2013 2:52 pm

Hi Pete

the TA03 diff will fit straight in, but I had issues with mine pulling to the left there are numerous pages on how to build this diff on the internet but I could never get my one quite right also you will require the ball diff hardend output shafts as the gear diff ones do not fit and the ones supplied are supposed to be pretty week.I would bear that in mind cost wize , on sunday I was running the 3 racing version 2 ball diff, which requires the hole widening to 9.5mill for the output shafts(easy job took 5 mins) which seemed to work pretty well but I belive there are some concerns over how long they last I Belive matt also has this diff in his m05. also up until sunday my silver mini ran the standard gear diff no problems, im not sure the tourque of the silvercan makes that much difference but I could be wrong ,but a ball diff would be another upgrade ready for f1.

Good Luck
Tony
taxman

Full Name: Tony Batchelor
Car: Tamiya M06
Motor: 13t
Speedo: hobbywing 35A
Cells: lipo zippy 4000

Postby Bosscat » Mon Dec 23, 2013 12:48 pm

A gear diff is the best if you can find one that will fit by that I mean a non tamiya oil filled one
Bosscat

Car: Zen Racing
Motor: Thunder 10.5
Speedo: Hobbywing
Cells: 1s Lipo

Postby taxman » Fri Dec 27, 2013 12:33 pm

Hi
As as far as I am aware Unfortunatly due to the small gearbox bearings in the m03 there are no oiled filled diffs that will fit as they all use m05 size bearings.hence the nail in the coffin for m03's.
taxman

Full Name: Tony Batchelor
Car: Tamiya M06
Motor: 13t
Speedo: hobbywing 35A
Cells: lipo zippy 4000

Return to Public Chat