Round 6

General chat

Round 6

Postby terryh » Sat Jul 05, 2008 12:07 pm

The weather forecast looks like it's going to be heavy rain. Will a decision be made in the morning or will be be indoors?

Cheers guys
terryh

Car: ARC R10 2013
Motor: Revtech Killshot
Speedo: Hobbywing V3
Cells: Gens Ace

Re: Round 6

Postby Brian Mills » Sat Jul 05, 2008 12:59 pm

Hi Terry,
I'm assuming that the hall is available, although Ian has the job of liasing with the school.
I think we will "suck it and see" when we get there in the morning. I would rather race outside but if the forecast is really bad at least we have the carpet option indoors.
Brian Mills

Postby Shawn Herrington » Sat Jul 05, 2008 5:32 pm

The weather looks as though it is going to be sunny with the odd shower thrown in.
I wouldn't think any rain that does arrive won't last for long because a 25mph wind is forecast with gusts of up to 40mph.

HIGHLY RECOMEND NO GAZEEBO'S ;)
Shawn Herrington

Car: Tamiya M03
Motor: MuchMore Clubman
Speedo: Mtroniks EECC
Cells: Lipo's!

Postby Dan Hamblin » Sat Jul 05, 2008 7:50 pm

Do we have the broom available to sweep the track clear of any puddles?

Regards,

Dan
If at first you don't succeed - destroy all evidence that you tried! :D
Dan Hamblin

Car: Tamiya M03
Motor: Ansmann 23t
Speedo: Tamiya black thing
Cells: LiPo 3200mAh

Postby Brian Mills » Sun Jul 06, 2008 2:54 pm

Good mornings racing even though we were indoors. Thanks to everyone who helped to set up and clear away afterwards.

On the subject of indoor/outdoor racing it was the majority decision from those present to go indoors today because of the poor forecast. It is very much a lottery as to whether you make the right choice or not and as it happened today I think it was the right choice as there were a couple of brief showers (one as we were setting up). I think we are very lucky to almost always have the choice of inside or out depending on weather. I know that whichever way the vote goes there will be some who would rather have taken the other option. However, invariably when we stay outside in dubious conditions and it rains, those who wanted to race on tarmac pack up and go home early leaving us to clear away in the rain and have to dry the tent out. It is very easy for a driver to "call it a day " early, but in race control we have no such luxury - we're there till the end (or later)!
So what I'm saying is that the decisions that are made are for the benefit of the majority - sometimes we're right and sometimes we're not but today was the right decision and I'm sorry if not everyone was in agreement.
Brian Mills

Postby terryh » Sun Jul 06, 2008 5:42 pm

Brian

I think that all of us would prefer to race outdoors, but today the weather was never going to be on our side. At least we had a full and undisturbed meeting which we certainly wouldn't of had if had raced outdoors so it was the best call for all of us, which is why we opted for indoors.

Great day today and yet another well designed track by Grant, just wish I hadn't broke my car in my final :oops:
terryh

Car: ARC R10 2013
Motor: Revtech Killshot
Speedo: Hobbywing V3
Cells: Gens Ace

Postby THancock » Sun Jul 06, 2008 6:33 pm

I second what Terry says. A good decision that meant we could all enjoy a full day of racing and the layout was really good - fast and flowing is always fun.

Keep up the good work guys and I'll hopefully see you all again soon.

Tim H.
THancock

Postby daveygravy » Fri Jul 18, 2008 9:09 am

The times for round 6 are now up
daveygravy

Full Name: David Mills
Car: 12R5.1
Motor: Reedy
Speedo: Hobbywing
Cells: Nosram

Return to Public Chat