Club Mini this Sunday 5th Feb 2017

General chat

Club Mini this Sunday 5th Feb 2017

Postby gjb » Tue Jan 31, 2017 1:57 pm

Hello Ian/Brian/Tim/Dan and everyone else we spoke to last Sunday. Alexander and I really enjoyed coming along to take a look - Alexander for the 1st time and for me it was a return after a 29 year gap! How it's all changed - but it was great to see so much enthusiasm with drivers coming from far and wide too. We spoke to a few of the regular racers and everyone was really helpful and friendly - and so we're looking forward to coming back this Sunday 5th Feb if that's OK. Ian mentioned Alexander could use the club mini for a few races on the day which he would love to do - we do have some 7.2V batteries we can bring along from his Dark Impact if that helps.

We have been looking at getting hold of a mini or two as we're both keen to become regulars - the M05 looks to be a good bet in its various versions - the basic M05, M05 ver2 Pro and M05 ver2 R - I think that's all of them so maybe we'll pick up some tips about these on Sunday! And if you're still OK with people using 27MHz then I may have to start off using my trusty/antique Futaba Attack-R which still works although the receiver is massive compared to the new stuff.

All being well, we'll see you on Sunday - a bit earlier I hope this time as we arrived about 09:45 last time.

Cheers

Gary (& Alexander)
gjb

Car: Boomerang 1986 Original !!
Motor: 13T@3000KV EZRUN-3650M
Speedo: EZRUN-35A
Cells: 7.2v 2000mAh

Re: Club Mini this Sunday 5th Feb 2017

Postby Dan Hamblin » Tue Jan 31, 2017 6:47 pm

Hi Gary,

It was great to see you and Alexander on Sunday, I think the guys were impressed to see the older off-roaders you brought along :)

I'll e-mail Ian and ask him to make sure the club Mini is available. It does have a radio, I think it has a Blue crystal fitted, and 27MHz is very much still permitted - I'd be stuffed if we didn't! I run Brown crystal, but if there is a clash I also have a Yellow one to switch to and a Blue/Green split somewhere at home.

The M05 is a very good chassis, some of the more experienced racers have managed to get the M03 and M06 performing as well or better, but I think the M05 is a really good all-rounder and perhaps a little more robust albeit more complicated to open up quickly for maintenance.

Booking in starts around 8:30 while we finish building the track, practice should start around 9am and then racing from 9:30.

Hopefully see you both on Sunday!

Regards,

Dan
If at first you don't succeed - destroy all evidence that you tried! :D
Dan Hamblin

Car: Tamiya M03
Motor: Ansmann 23t
Speedo: Tamiya black thing
Cells: LiPo 3200mAh

Postby gjb » Wed Feb 01, 2017 2:06 pm

Hi Dan

Yes my old Boomerang at 30 years old still works OK as you saw - albeit with a new motor in of course - but I could dig out the old RX540VZ Technigold for a real vintage car race - maybe a suggestion for a future event with all those old nostalgic cars & buggies people may still have hanging around!

Thanks for the info and club mini offer - I'll check out the M05 options on Sunday.

Cheers

Gary
gjb

Car: Boomerang 1986 Original !!
Motor: 13T@3000KV EZRUN-3650M
Speedo: EZRUN-35A
Cells: 7.2v 2000mAh

Postby Brian Mills » Thu Feb 02, 2017 9:11 pm

Hi Gary,

As Dan says, hope to see you Sunday.

Regards