Extra Class for the Winter Series

General chat

Re: Extra Class for the Winter Series

Postby Richard Hathaway » Sat Oct 18, 2008 5:47 pm

Eastbourne run Minis to a modified set of the Tamiya Cup rules which work OK. But running two classes does get a bit hectic and may cause delays whilst drivers running two classes get ready and/or go to their marshall positions.
Richard Hathaway

Postby THancock » Sat Oct 18, 2008 7:35 pm

I would run in the mini class as a 2nd class.
THancock

Postby Glen Relf » Sun Oct 19, 2008 8:06 am

I think a mini class would be good if you ran them to the rules that we have adopted the euro cup rules but adapted to make them a little more club friendly a copy can be found on our forum in the mini chat. We currently get between 14 and 19 each week wednesdays and Sundays.

http://www.eecc.co.uk/forum/viewthread.php?tid=1583
Glen Relf

Car: TC5
Motor: LRP
Speedo: LRP
Cells: Trackpower

Postby Shawn Herrington » Sun Oct 19, 2008 9:46 am

Looks nice and simple.
Now to side track for a moment: I have ordered a M03R chassis and need a couple of things confirming please.
Does it come with ballraces or those hideous plastic things and I think I'm correct in saying no speed controller is supplied?

Do you allow forward and reverse on the Tamiya speedo?
Shawn Herrington

Car: Tamiya M03
Motor: MuchMore Clubman
Speedo: Mtroniks EECC
Cells: Lipo's!

Postby Andy Crawford » Sun Oct 19, 2008 3:32 pm

Glen Relf wrote:I think a mini class would be good if you ran them to the rules that we have adopted the euro cup rules but adapted to make them a little more club friendly a copy can be found on our forum in the mini chat. We currently get between 14 and 19 each week wednesdays and Sundays.

http://www.eecc.co.uk/forum/viewthread.php?tid=1583

Glen, (or anyone else who may know) what batts have people been using in their minis? my Trakpower Lipos or saddle packs won't fit, I have some old stick packs that are a bit ropey but thinking of getting some lipos that would fit, yeah racing make some......anyone tried them?? :?:
Andy Crawford

Postby Tim Fry » Sun Oct 19, 2008 3:50 pm

I would like to do 12th but I'll go with minis if thats the majority
Tim has gone to ............... the Darkside!!!
Tim Fry

Car: You'll have to wait and see
Motor: Vantage 10.5
Speedo: Novak GTB
Cells: Lipo

Postby Shawn Herrington » Sun Oct 19, 2008 5:24 pm

Andy Crawford wrote:
Glen, (or anyone else who may know) what batts have people been using in their minis? my Trakpower Lipos or saddle packs won't fit, I have some old stick packs that are a bit ropey but thinking of getting some lipos that would fit, yeah racing make some......anyone tried them?? :?:

I have found this website really usefull Andy.
http://www.rc-mini.net/MiniWeb_Online/M03_Reviews_and_How_To.html

Scroll down to the bottom and it shows you how to weigh the car back up for when running Lipo. Also reading through it looks as though the Orion 3600's type packs go straight in.

Now, just incase you are wondering what the cars are that we are talking about, here's a link to Eastbournes gallery of a recent meeting http://www.eecc.co.uk/gallery/Tamiya_Mini_14-09-2008/index.html
Shawn Herrington

Car: Tamiya M03
Motor: MuchMore Clubman
Speedo: Mtroniks EECC
Cells: Lipo's!

Postby Andy Crawford » Sun Oct 19, 2008 7:45 pm

Thanks Shawn.

After talking to a couple of guys that race minis, and please correct me if I am wrong, but it appears that most hop-ups make very little difference to performance anyway, bearing this in mind, would it be complicating things a little to much to have to many rules regarding hop-ups? as long as its a Tamiya M chassis, Tamiya M chassis radial treaded tyres and the motors and ESC's are all the same (kit or sport tuned) then lets race em! ;)
Andy Crawford

Postby Simon Taylor » Sun Oct 19, 2008 8:06 pm

Hhmmmm wonder if i can wedge my mini body onto my xary :lol: They did do a limited edition blue carbon mini you know ;)
I'm not an Alcoholic. I'm a Drunk, Alcoholics go to meetings
Simon Taylor

Car: Cyclone/Gen X10
Motor: Novak 13.5/ EA 17.5
Speedo: Tekin Rs Pro/ LRP Sphere
Cells: Trakpower 4900

Postby Glen Relf » Sun Oct 19, 2008 8:36 pm

Hi guys,

The Lipos that I use is the 3200mah yeah racing one I also use the Orion 2400mah no real difference in performance. you can set the Speedo up however you want to forward or reverse I set mine to Forward so note to hit reverse by accident if you know what I mean, The rules are really simple as it is really aimed to get people into racing which It has been very successful at achieving http://www.eecc.co.uk/track_records_mini.php just shows how many have been around the track over such a short period of time with more and more buying them I know of at least 6 that haven’t run theirs yet.

M03R comes with ballraces no speedo no body and the tyres are pants stypes are the ones if you can get them black insets.
Glen Relf

Car: TC5
Motor: LRP
Speedo: LRP
Cells: Trackpower

PreviousNext

Return to Public Chat